Model Cars Magazine Forum

good hobby shop in so cal

Well i am here in san diego and have like no good hobby shops around me. The one that is alittle worth is bout 30 miles away but doesnt carry most stuff. Whats a good hobby shop that carrys like lets say bmf, testors one coat laquers, the new amt parts pack kit, or any amt kits at all? My local hobby people store has only revell kits and the regular testors spray cans and bottle paints. No laquers, bmf, amt kits ect. Any help would be great.

http://www.pegasushobbies.com/

Ask for Joe, tell him Gregg sent you :-)

It's a must see place to go every time I am there in So Cal

Gregg thanks very much. I know that place now. When i lived in l.a we used to go to palm spring and my parents and me would drive on the 10 down to plam springs and we used to pass that place and all i saw was hobby shop. Always wanted to go but never got the chance. Never knew that was pegasus. Thanks a billion. Thanks thanks thanks. Time to get a reason to go up to los angeles again. :)

Burbank's House of Hobbies: http://www.houseofhobbies.com/

Smith Brothers Hobby Center in Northridge: http://www.valleybest.com/smithbros/

just wondering ,but did the Smith Brothers also have (or had) a store in Tarzana?

I remember a talk with the owners of a hobby store located in Tarzana, and they said that they were from Northridge but temp. moved due to the quake (I was visiting LA in '97)

I also know that there's a good hobby shop a few blocks east of where the Military shop in long beach is, probably can drive to it but don't remember the street or name of the hobby shop.

Luc

just wondering ,but did the Smith Brothers also have (or had) a store in Tarzana?

I remember a talk with the owners of a hobby store located in Tarzana, and they said that they were from Northridge but temp. moved due to the quake (I was visiting LA in '97)

I also know that there's a good hobby shop a few blocks east of where the Military shop in long beach is, probably can drive to it but don't remember the street or name of the hobby shop.

Luc

Luc, you are thinking of Classic Hobbies. They had a store in Northridge, then moved to Tarzana, then Granada Hills, then they disappeared a few years ago. I think one of the sons of the original owner still sells stuff on eBay. They sere good supporters of our local club and the hobby in general.

Edited by sfhess

thanks alot. Now just need to talk to my parents when we go up to los angeles area again. Hope we can do it on the september 20 weekend as my birthday is the 19 september and i always get to pick out my presents as i only ask for model cars or parts and maybe some other stuff. But since i have alot of models they just let me pick them out as they dont want to buy on model and then find out i have about 3 of them already. Thanks. Will probably try and go to all of them :lol: Thanks again :lol:

Luc, you are thinking of Classic Hobbies. They had a store in Northridge, then moved to Tarzana, then Granada Hills, then they disappeared a few years ago. I think one of the sons of the original owner still sells stuff on eBay. They sere good supporters of our local club and the hobby in general.

The name rings a bell, they sure were nice folks.

Thanks for the info