Model Cars Magazine Forum

death race car build off (official WIP page)

diymirage

are we aloud to use premade weapons from are parts boxes ?

taken from post 1 :)

armour: home made or kit bashed, basically anything goes.

01 Kasteer : 66 chevelle station "death wagon"

02 Evilone : deathcalade/94 chevy impala

03 Diymirage : 68 charger "haz-mat"

04 Aaronw

05 ######'n Blaque : 65 "pony-ack-ack-ack"

06 Willy Survive

07 Texas Funk : 66 rivi

08 Jantrix : chrysler 300 C

09 The Madhatter

10 damncranky : mercedes wrecker

11 allgosvo : 71 cyclone "pchycoclone"

12 Zukiholic

13 ajulia

14 Nick F40

15 JAFFA

16 84vanagon : 04 pontiac GTO "G T Obliterator"

17 kk916

18 dirk : 62 bel air ss "impaler"

19 ryansilva

20 randX0

21 kjadud0667 : 67 plymouth GTX

Tanks alot ######'n Blaque

Gonna keep that page :)

Also Tank to Aaronw

I thought I had a secret weapon laying around and can't find it anywhere.

Guess I do have too many kits but the one I Need Right Now.

For those wondering,

Revell did a 1/25 military Hummer with a Big gun up top (don't remember what)

Guess I better Armour up dang good and out run ya Gunners and follow Evilone (from a distance of course :rolleyes: )

3"inch Bullet Proof Glass and start of a push/plow bumper.

Still not sure about defense yet tho.

Me with No Military kits to go off of..

ModelDeathRacer-6.jpg

this is goin to be good, still haven't decided on what kit..... :):rolleyes:

an ACTUAL offroad and Death Race Mercedes? ;)

Edited by Nick F40

Ok 84Vanagon this is just for you. I was trying to decide what kkit to use when it hit me. I'm gonna use a shelf sitter thats been done awhile but it lookks likke ######(not black ###### though :P ). I've decided to use a tamiya '72 nissan skkyline GT-R. So 84 theres your GT for your obliterator. So since I'm using a import/tuner Let the hate mail begin :P

Ok 84Vanagon this is just for you. I was trying to decide what kkit to use when it hit me. I'm gonna use a shelf sitter thats been done awhile but it lookks likke ######(not black ###### though :P ). I've decided to use a tamiya '72 nissan skkyline GT-R. So 84 theres your GT for your obliterator. So since I'm using a import/tuner Let the hate mail begin :P

Skylines are cool. Gonna be a shame to obliterate yours lol!

I like the old school rear drive Imports.

I'm hoping the new AMT will choose to re-release MPC's 80's Celica Supra. That was a great kit!

Ok well I've decided to run a 1962 Pontiac Catalina 421 SD. I'll edit this post and add the pic tomorrow because I can't figure out how and my wife is asleep. The 421's name you ask? DISCOMBOBULATED CORPSE TERMINATION SUB-URBANIZATION GOVERNMENTAL-IDATION EXPLOSIVE MONTEZUMAS BLASTING BOWELS REVENGE..................... :P Just kiddin.

She will be called DEKAPITATOR -Will

Edited by Willy Survive

Ok well I've decided to run a 1962 Pontiac Catalina 421 SD. I'll edit this post and add the pic tomorrow because I can't figure out how and my wife is asleep. The 421's name you ask? DISCOMBOBULATED CORPSE TERMINATION SUB-URBANIZATION GOVERNMENTAL-IDATION EXPLOSIVE MONTEZUMAS BLASTING BOWELS REVENGE..................... :P Just kiddin.

She will be called DEKAPITATOR -Will

I almost picked the 62 Cat also.

If I get the GTO done I may do a 62 in old school 2000 guise.

Great name by the way. I may have to amend mine.

Man, I love building models like this, very creative, and very forgiving. Too much glue? Screw it, add more dirt!

I have finally come up with a name for my little creation. Thinking of the shields, armor and weapons, and the fact that this is a "300", what could be more perfect than......

the SPARTAN!

100_0835.jpg

100_0837.jpg

The seams are all welded for increased structural integrity. The only opening is the drivers door which has been halved and gullwinged. I've decided to addd an external roll cage like the old safari jeeps. Weapons will be mounted to that. Well back to work.

All WIP pics will be here. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Jant...athrace%20300C/

Edited by Jantrix

"Ok well I've decided to run a 1962 Pontiac Catalina 421 SD. I'll edit this post and add the pic tomorrow because I can't figure out how and my wife is asleep. The 421's name you ask? DISCOMBOBULATED CORPSE TERMINATION SUB-URBANIZATION GOVERNMENTAL-IDATION EXPLOSIVE MONTEZUMAS BLASTING BOWELS REVENGE..................... :D Just kiddin.

She will be called DEKAPITATOR -Will"

"I almost picked the 62 Cat also.

If I get the GTO done I may do a 62 in old school 2000 guise.

Great name by the way. I may have to amend mine."

GREAT! Looks like we got a Pontiac Platoon formin up with

Pony ack ack ack,

Dekapitator,

and our little bro, GTObliterator

B)B):lol:

Man, I love building models like this, very creative, and very forgiving. Too much glue? Screw it, add more dirt!.......

Amen to dat, Jantrix! The perfect forum for gluebombers, eh? :D Yeah, this is remindin me of when I was a young punk kid just startin with the models--a 62 Rambler American I believe B) --

some DeathRacer that would make :lol::D (maybe a jeep type B) )

Great name for yours btw :lol:

Ok 84Vanagon this is just for you. I was trying to decide what kkit to use when it hit me. I'm gonna use a shelf sitter thats been done awhile but it lookks likke ######(not black ###### though :lol: ). I've decided to use a tamiya '72 nissan skkyline GT-R. So 84 theres your GT for your obliterator. So since I'm using a import/tuner Let the hate mail begin B)

no hate mail here my friend, I love the old Skylines and that will be a sweet Death Race car. :D

Skylines are cool. Gonna be a shame to obliterate yours lol!

I like the old school rear drive Imports.

I'm hoping the new AMT will choose to re-release MPC's 80's Celica Supra. That was a great kit!

same here, I'm actually looking at a MKII, I think 85 Celica Supra... B)

Just for the gun

Just for the gun and maybe the roof Hatch.

But on a side note, The did sell civilian Hummers B)

Could I use this?

RevellJurassicpark.jpg

It was my first thought but I'm not? :lol:

i want to say the park was owned and operatied by a corporation, not a military, so i would allow the benz (also, it rocks)

Man, I love building models like this, very creative, and very forgiving. Too much glue? Screw it, add more dirt!

I have finally come up with a name for my little creation. Thinking of the shields, armor and weapons, and the fact that this is a "300", what could be more perfect than......

the SPARTAN!

100_0835.jpg

100_0837.jpg

The seams are all welded for increased structural integrity. The only opening is the drivers door which has been halved and gullwinged. I've decided to addd an external roll cage like the old safari jeeps. Weapons will be mounted to that. Well back to work.

All WIP pics will be here. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Jant...athrace%20300C/

that beast is starting to look awesome

you are going to paint it green and white right ?

go green, go white, go spartaaaaaans

i was (and still am) planning to gulwing mine aswell

looks like i got a mark to hit now

i think it is gonna be pretty kewl to see how we all tackle these issues in a different way B)

here are some progress pics, i mocked up most of the engine and the bumper

how did that saying go, if you cant dodge it ?

darned, ima a plymouth

oh well

i still need to bondo and smoothed out the bumper but i like the general lines so far

HPIM0201.jpg

HPIM0202.jpg

HPIM0203.jpg

Edited by diymirage

I just returned from seeing Deathrace. If your not looking for Oscar winning performances, and are into general extreme gratuitous violence (like me), and plenty of automotive mayhem you will enjoy this film. This all looked like real cars, doing real stunts with real explosions. A very old school action movie. None of that George Lucas-esque CGI everything films. A very cool note. Roger Corman- executive producer. Another cool actor is Ian McShane who played Al Swearengen in the HBO series Deadwood, which I loved.

Last thought- I saw the trailer for Fast and Furious 4, starring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. The 69 Charger is back!

EDIT: Here's a couple in progress shots. Oh, and Diymirage, although I will be adding a Michigan licence plate (for kicks), it will be metallic gold.

100_0839.jpg

100_0841.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

heres my entry 67 GTX havent done anything to it yet just thinking up stuff still

dsc02629bp4.th.jpg

excelent choice

we should see if we can do a few runs at the 1/4 mile before we try and kill each other :blink:

i bet mine will do 17 second runs easy , what with all that extra armour :P

I took my wife to deathrace tonight . I told her the name of the film she looked it up ,found the theater and then was surprised that she didn't love a movie called deathrace. she told me she thought it was going to be better and she also thought there was going to be cooler cars.Oh well guess I have to go see a smoochie movie that i think will be better.I think I have my car picked but I need to run down a couple options first.

BTW Zukiholic, if youre gonna have trim or so around that BP glass, you may wanna make the thickness show somehow, maybe drilling a hole or something through it, coming to think of it ya could stick a machinegun out from it.. Just a thought.. Cool idea anyhow, reckon ya gonna be the only one without metalcovered windows.