Model Cars Magazine Forum

death race car build off (official WIP page)

diymirage

all this trouble with building a model.....

can't i just enter my snowhauler?

Snplog-2.jpg

Oh right, no 1:1's....

:angry: Yeah Jaffa, major bummer, that. I'd love to slap a couple .50s on top of my 06 Caravan and then 'hit' the

rush hour idjits :lol::lol::lol:

I gotta slide yer plow into me PS and put some armour on it or yer gonna be hurtin :lol:

Well, comrades, heres what's been happenin to my

Pony-ack so far, since I got it in the shop, gettin it

sorta stock so I can do the mods--

nopassengers-vi.jpg

aint gonna have no passengers

gunroom-vi.jpg

gun room

noshootingwhilebuilding-vi.jpg

HEY! watch them stray .50s guys!! :blink:

somekindasomething-vi.jpg

this'll look good somewhere

ponyackackackackinup-vi.jpg

:lol::P:lol::P:lol: .......ack, ack, ack....... :huh::huh::P

ponyackackackackinup-vi.jpg

:P:P;):P:lol: .......ack, ack, ack....... :huh::huh::P

i cant beleive youre actually slapping glas in that puppy :D

nice work on that engine, it will make an awesome boatanchor now

so chek out my progress ;)

HPIM0219.jpg

HPIM0220.jpg

HPIM0221.jpg

HPIM0222.jpg

and if you think im running this car with a 16 gallon firebomb strapped to my chassis,

think again

HPIM0205.jpg

HPIM0206.jpg

HPIM0220.jpg

Dude.........what kinda gun is dat? a beergun? you gonna intoxicate us all? :D;):P that's cool looking Diymirage, looks like we gonna be seein some interior details, and that gullwing, cool--me like. As fer me slappin glass in the Ponyack, it's just there to be covered. gotta get my torch out and start cuttin--

half dat roof aint gonna be therer :P just aint enuff room for a roof, an a big gun, if ya knows what I means :lol:

BTW Zukiholic, if youre gonna have trim or so around that BP glass, you may wanna make the thickness show somehow, maybe drilling a hole or something through it, coming to think of it ya could stick a machinegun out from it.. Just a thought.. Cool idea anyhow, reckon ya gonna be the only one without metalcovered windows.

Well, BUllet proff glass is Flat and the kit window just wouldn't look right and saying it is bullet proof.

But then agian, I think I might need to armour plate it.

A nother thought is a 50. cal would be heavy and slow people down, I'm trying to think light weight and fast.

Or I can just use the KnightRider 2000. it is fast, bullet proof and won't need a driver. ;)

I'm still thinking..

Cool Idea Dirk. There went 1 Idea.

Charger is looking wicked diymirage

Jantrix your gonna be racing in style, nice work on the armoured up windows and bumpers..

I'm gonna need some Rocket launchers to slow some people down..

Edited by Zukiholic

Just curious... but why are there 2 threads going on the same topic? ;)

Wouldn't it have made more sense to keep it together in one?

Harry, I think the other thread was to see if we could get enough people involved for a build-off. Thats why it was posted under General. This thread is for WIP's for the build-off and build comments. I'm new around these parts but thats what I gathered. Now that the build-off has started I'm assuming all new posts would be on this thread. But I've been wrong before. Sorry for the confusion. Anything we can do to remedy the problem? -Will

started hackin on the ponyack

Ponyackgunmockupandarmorplate-vi.jpg

offd half da roof and slid a big heavy armor plate

down the middle of the tub,

covered the opening after mounting a swivel gun

mount base. couple hatches for maintenence, ammo, etc.

gonna try some usin some "Cool Foam"(craft item from Michaels) a piece of foam sheet just a hair over 1/16" thick when not squished. the two hatch coversare cut out of it.

Gonna see how it works. gunandaccesshatches-vi.jpg

This was just a quick mock up after I whacked the

roof half off, the 'gun' may be differnt, coz

it is PONY-ACK ACK ACK,

not Pony-WhooshWhoosh Whoosh :blink: gunandplateonPonyack-vi.jpg

gotta keep yinz all guessin ;)

I be likin what all ya'lls doin too, cant wait to see

some more ;)

started hackin on the ponyack

Ponyackgunmockupandarmorplate-vi.jpg

offd half da roof and slid a big heavy armor plate

down the middle of the tub,

covered the opening after mounting a swivel gun

mount base. couple hatches for maintenence, ammo, etc.

gonna try some usin some "Cool Foam"(craft item from Michaels) a piece of foam sheet just a hair over 1/16" thick when not squished. the two hatch coversare cut out of it.

Gonna see how it works. gunandaccesshatches-vi.jpg

This was just a quick mock up after I whacked the

roof half off, the 'gun' may be differnt, coz

it is PONY-ACK ACK ACK,

not Pony-WhooshWhoosh Whoosh :blink: gunandplateonPonyack-vi.jpg

gotta keep yinz all guessin ;)

I be likin what all ya'lls doin too, cant wait to see

some more ;)

looking cool sofar

Not a problem for me... but a little confusing for the guys who are involved in the build-off, no? Hey, as long as you guys who are involved in this thing can keep it straight, fine by me... :P

I think we're all a bunch o loose cannons here Harry,

so be careful! :blink:;):blink:;)

HPIM0220.jpg

Dude.........what kinda gun is dat? a beergun? you gonna intoxicate us all? ;):P:blink: that's cool looking Diymirage, looks like we gonna be seein some interior details, and that gullwing, cool--me like. As fer me slappin glass in the Ponyack, it's just there to be covered. gotta get my torch out and start cuttin--

half dat roof aint gonna be therer :blink: just aint enuff room for a roof, an a big gun, if ya knows what I means :blink:

its a lousy pic, sorry for that

but that is not a keg, its a nitrous tank

and its not a gun, its a flame thrower ;)

scored a buncha steel plate, so fabbed gun bays

for the Pony ACK ACK ACK

biggunbayandaccesscovers-vi.jpg

.010" styrene for cover plates and wire insulation for hinges

gunbaysandaccesshatches-vi.jpg

Ponyacktakesabeating-vi.jpg

somebody been shootin my styrene ;)

Ponyackdeathplatform-vi.jpg

cant wait to see the big gun in place------ack ack ack ;)

;) ######'n, your weapons SHOULD be mounted in a Turret on some kind, to allow a 360 degree field of fire. Otherwise you must aim the ENTIRE vehicle at the opposing force.You wouldn't be able to fire an an enemy who was beside or behind you with a fixed weapon. It might have been better if you had mounted it on the trunk lid firing over the roof, or placed it on the roof,in a lower profile mounting fixture, to keep it from being to top heavy. What happens if the bad guy is on your immediate left? you'll need to have sideways mounted weapons to compensate for the immobility of the forward firing weapon. Just some observations from a "neutral" party. Just call me the "Swede" ;):D

:lol: ######'n, your weapons SHOULD be mounted in a Turret on some kind, to allow a 360 degree field of fire. Otherwise you must aim the ENTIRE vehicle at the opposing force.You wouldn't be able to fire an an enemy who was beside or behind you with a fixed weapon. It might have been better if you had mounted it on the trunk lid firing over the roof, or placed it on the roof,in a lower profile mounting fixture, to keep it from being to top heavy. What happens if the bad guy is on your immediate left? you'll need to have sideways mounted weapons to compensate for the immobility of the forward firing weapon. Just some observations from a "neutral" party. Just call me the "Swede" :rolleyes::D

Muchos danka 'Swede'ey :D Dojn yew be warryin none, dat big ol Ponyack can take som hits, an it gonna be disshin some out toos. Cant be rveallin toomush toomsoon (shrooom shroom), but you gots a bit of a points bout aiimin the entire vehakcle given the envireoments, howeevers, part of me plan is inspired by a hero of mine from WW2, namely Hans Ulrich Rudel, who toasted at least 500 Russky tanks with his Ju87 with a 37mm cannon below each wing. Really cool how he would spot a tank, start firing machine gun tracers at the tank, aiming his entire Stuka (my favorite plane, btw)to get on target, and when them tracers was all over dat tank--WHOOSH, WHOOSH!! away wit them 37s.

Oh, an btw 'Swede'ey, my weapons aint broked so why would dey need ta be fixed ;) .......... :lol::P:blink: