Model Cars Magazine Forum

death race car build off (official WIP page)

diymirage

KJ' Thanks fella yeah Im not either but the body style is perfect also Id figure crappin wouldnt have to build the mercury fer his pony ACK-ACK- (F.O.R.D.) HEHEHEh and practice on mines HAHAHHahahah. But watch out crappin shes gonna need alot more fire power than expected......

Wheres yer windshield guard from thats the ticket and yer control buttons is a nice touch ill have to incorp. those in ma build somehow!!!

O' and remind me to check my rearviews fer this machine wouldnt want to get caght up in a fight wit that thing...

\

DIY' sweet deal ya got rollin The powerplant is just sick .Those headers makes her look like a bull charging @ ya!!

Im diggin all the flavor being put to these builds.. Keep it coming man!!!

i really love the way the hoodscoop looks like flared nostrils

kinda made me reconsider my paintsceme ;)

Funny I would have expected you to enter something with a Studebaker theme, StudeSlayer, StudeBreaker etc. B)

I actually thought about it but, I needed something that would run the competition down.

But there is a long time left, so you never know. A studebaker may come into this. :D

DIY' sweet deal ya got rollin The powerplant is just sick .Those headers makes her look like a bull charging @ ya!!

Im diggin all the flavor being put to these builds.. Keep it coming man!!!

man, you were right

i was working on the body, had the rolling chassis sitting in the show

when all of a sudden the engine jumped out

HPIM0246.jpg

snuck up on my buddy criss who just happened to pass by

HPIM0247.jpg

and RIPPED HIS HEAD CLEAN OFF

HPIM0248.jpg

it was pandolerium man

This is gonna be one Crazy race.

It's gonna be hard enough Dodging Canon fire, Then it's Monster Trucks running ya over.

And then we have a Decapitating Engine on the loose.

THink I'll just build a Jet and fly over everybody..

I'm Sceeeered ;)

Monster Trucks, Cannons, Engines. "O" My

Hey guys, Those vehicles are looking great! Is everyone posting up pics? I thought there'd be more pics posted by now. Speaking of which, I have to take some pics of my progress so far. It's been difficult getting time to work on it... now need to make time to take some pics.

I'm glad everyone is having a great time with this and more people are joining in!

Later,

Eric

Hey guys, Those vehicles are looking great! Is everyone posting up pics? I thought there'd be more pics posted by now. Speaking of which, I have to take some pics of my progress so far. It's been difficult getting time to work on it... now need to make time to take some pics.

I'm glad everyone is having a great time with this and more people are joining in!

Later,

Eric

there is 2 dozen people in on this but only a half a dozen have been willing to "disclose progress"

i can understand if you are aproaching this from a contest point of view, that you dont want to give away anything

but personally i feel more like we are all trying to do the same thing and helping one another along

so yeah, lets see those pics :lol:

man, you were right

i was working on the body, had the rolling chassis sitting in the show

when all of a sudden the engine jumped out

HPIM0246.jpg

snuck up on my buddy criss who just happened to pass by

HPIM0247.jpg

and RIPPED HIS HEAD CLEAN OFF

HPIM0248.jpg

it was pandolerium man

Hahahah!! yous a foo' Thats crazy!!!! keep it comin man but I think criss got it cuz he didnt have the american soccer colors on!!

This is gonna be one Crazy race.

It's gonna be hard enough Dodging Canon fire, Then it's Monster Trucks running ya over.

And then we have a Decapitating Engine on the loose.

THink I'll just build a Jet and fly over everybody..

I'm Sceeeered :lol:

Monster Trucks, Cannons, Engines. "O" My

Can you imagine a 1:1 race with these thigs rollin!!! hot dang!!

I was jus able to get an online connection today so ill post the progress to the body!!! Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

ajulia

ajulia

Hahahah!! yous a foo' Thats crazy!!!! keep it comin man but I think criss got it cuz he didnt have the american soccer colors on!!

Can you imagine a 1:1 race with these thigs rollin!!! hot dang!!

I was jus able to get an online connection today so ill post the progress to the body!!! Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

ajulia

ajulia

the reason he's not wearing the us colours is because he was a promo from my bank back home (netherlands) for the european championship

so he's proudly wearing the royal dutch orange :lol:

ok. I finally snapped some pics of the DEATH WAGON!

I have the main cannon in place and the front bumper, along with all the upper armor. You can see the gatling gun ni progress along with 2 smalled cannons... also the rims I'll be using. Need to finish lower armor and exo-cage soon.

Here's the pics,,,

Death-Wagon06.jpg

Death-Wagon05.jpg

Death-Wagon04.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

that looks awsome diymirage

why thank you

i used painters choice gloss black paint because i had some laying around anyway

i was a little bit worried how it would come out because the spraypattern is very wide

i could paint the entire car in one pass

very pleased with it though

after it cures for a day or two i can start detailing

that gulwing door looks much better now too ;)