Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trying to copy my son's 1:1 pickup

I want to make a model of my son's 1:1 1981 Chevy truck he inherited from my dad. I've got the body itself sorted out, including scratch building the camper shell, but I need to figure out the grille. I did a Google search and found a picture of a model with the correct grille. The grille looks like it is resin. I'm looking for that EXACT grille.

81ChevyWIPStarted.jpg

18 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

I think that grill was made by Uptownautomotive. Unfortunately it looks like they are no longer in business. 

Some of their molds were picked up by Jeff Ballard, he might have that one, not sure. His forum name is JeffB here, do a search and send him a message. I know he just moved his shop so it might be a bit before he let you know. 

19 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

I think that grill was made by Uptown Automotive.

In the linked topic, started by BigBlockLyle, he thanked Dave Carey/Cargostar, so now I'm wondering if it was something Dave made? Might be worth the O.P.'s time to contact Dave at Models by Dave and ask: http://modelsbydave.com/accessories.html