Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am no longer able to post

Paul Hettick

3 hours ago, Paul Hettick said:

Been posting some of my builds the last few days without issue. Been trying to post another and I get 404 error notice every time. Any ideas?

Yes I got that when I tried to answer a question this morning about 3 am EST.

Edited by R.D.F.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 5:39 PM, BigTallDad said:

Out of idle curiosity, how can you post an "I am no longer able to post..." comment if in fact you can't post? Seems like an oxymoron to me.

4 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

LOL! That's a fantastic observation. 

It's not quite so magical once you've experienced it repeatedly.

Fairly often, a particular post will trigger the dreaded 404, sometimes even resulting in a temporary lockout from the site (which usually lasts about an hour).

And often, when one post under one heading will trigger a 404, another post under another heading or topic will work just fine.

The more you post longer, more detailed content, the more likely you are to get a 404.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 4:22 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

It's not quite so magical once you've experienced it repeatedly.

Fairly often, a particular post will trigger the dreaded 404, sometimes even resulting in a temporary lockout from the site (which usually lasts about an hour).

And often, when one post under one heading will trigger a 404, another post under another heading or topic will work just fine.

The more you post longer, more detailed content, the more likely you are to get a 404.

I finally ran into that 404 error for myself. It’s definitely related to the size of the post.