Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Oldsmobile Starfire

Paul Hettick

Thank you all for the kind words. To answer the question on the roof, it's a slightly modified 63 Olds unit.

My parents bought a new Bronze 63 Dynamic 88 4 dr. ht. Always overheated. Left us stranded more than a few times. Traded for a new 67 Delta 88 2 dr. ht in silver/ silver with a black vinyl top. was a good car but the GM laquer paint was dead and flat before the car was a year old and it was a car accident magnet! Always getting hit. Traded it off in 72 on a new LTD, saw it a short time later with the back end bashed waaaay in. Some cars have bad luck I guess.

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2019 at 6:16 PM, Paul Hettick said:

Thank you all for the kind words. To answer the question on the roof, it's a slightly modified 63 Olds unit.

My parents bought a new Bronze 63 Dynamic 88 4 dr. ht. Always overheated. Left us stranded more than a few times. Traded for a new 67 Delta 88 2 dr. ht in silver/ silver with a black vinyl top. was a good car but the GM laquer paint was dead and flat before the car was a year old and it was a car accident magnet! Always getting hit. Traded it off in 72 on a new LTD, saw it a short time later with the back end bashed waaaay in. Some cars have bad luck I guess.

My dad had a 67 98 2 door hardtop in that color combination. He installed a Muntz 4 track tape deck in it, and installed a set of Buick Chrome wheels on it. He traded it in for a fully loaded 68 98 4 door hardtop that he special ordered. That was his last Oldsmobile. 

WoW.!! that is awesome very nice I love the color and the wire wheel covers. I have that resin kit I got it from Ed Flock Jr about 12 years ago it's been in the to do pile I guess I will have to get it out your build has giving me new hope for the kit.!!! again you did an awesome job on it.!!