Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reveal your user name origin

misterNNL

I saw this thread back in August, but am just now getting around to posting the origin of kermn8r.  Many years ago, a friend of mine in Vegas, bought a basket case 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 440, 4 barrel, automatic as a project car.  It was the type of thing where the trunk floor pan didn't rust because the transmission was sitting in the trunk leaking fluid.  It was lime green and his wife said it looked like Kermit the Frog.  It took about 3 years, but he did a really nice job with a Day 2 restoration.  He thought the Mopar reds had too much orange in them so he painted it Mazda Classic Red with a black vinyl top.  He also put a 6 Pack set up on it and swapped the automatic for a 4 speed.  WE were sitting around one night talking about a personalized Nevada plate where you had 7 letters to work with.  During the discussion, I said something about it isn't Kermit anymore, it is more like a Terminator.  That's it it's Kerminator.  Then we made it work in 7 letters for a license plate.  He wound up going with something else.  I am not creative coming up with identities for myself, but I liked the kermin8r so that I used.

1 hour ago, kermn8r said:

I saw this thread back in August, but am just now getting around to posting the origin of kermn8r.  Many years ago, a friend of mine in Vegas, bought a basket case 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 440, 4 barrel, automatic as a project car.  It was the type of thing where the trunk floor pan didn't rust because the transmission was sitting in the trunk leaking fluid.  It was lime green and his wife said it looked like Kermit the Frog.  It took about 3 years, but he did a really nice job with a Day 2 restoration.  He thought the Mopar reds had too much orange in them so he painted it Mazda Classic Red with a black vinyl top.  He also put a 6 Pack set up on it and swapped the automatic for a 4 speed.  WE were sitting around one night talking about a personalized Nevada plate where you had 7 letters to work with.  During the discussion, I said something about it isn't Kermit anymore, it is more like a Terminator.  That's it it's Kerminator.  Then we made it work in 7 letters for a license plate.  He wound up going with something else.  I am not creative coming up with identities for myself, but I liked the kermin8r so that I used.

Thanks for playing along!

We came home one night after work years ago (35) and found this young white 6 month old pup in the front of our garage door.  So we had her for over a week and named it Ewe because she was all white. Well we found the owners and they took her back. So we went to the pound and found another dog. She was a beautiful mix of a German Shepard and Chow. We adopted her and named her Ewetwo. She wasn't white by any meanings but that was her name. And Mine here. Such a smart and wonderful pet. Miss her still and that was 20 years ago. There have been many dogs and cats since then and they have all been equally as wonderful as her. OMG how much we both miss out latest Ben. Rescued him from a very bad situation. The husband use to beat him all the time. When he came to us we'd lay on the floor with him and say "did you ever think it could be this good"? He'd always give us both a kiss in the face. My wife worked until she got sick so my days always started and ended with Ben. I truly miss him so much.

DSCF0013.JPG

Edited by ewetwo

I used to work in a high speed Rotogravure printing shop. Our main customer was M&M Mars. We printed M&M bags by the millions (literally).

My name is slightly shortened, from a tool used to clean the printing cylinders, while it was running. It was called a drag stick.

I needed a screen name when I got my first computer and somehow thats what came out. Kept it ever since

On 1/25/2023 at 11:25 PM, dragstk said:

I used to work in a high speed Rotogravure printing shop. Our main customer was M&M Mars. We printed M&M bags by the millions (literally).

My name is slightly shortened, from a tool used to clean the printing cylinders, while it was running. It was called a drag stick.

I needed a screen name when I got my first computer and somehow thats what came out. Kept it ever since

Great stuff guys

On 1/24/2023 at 9:38 PM, kermn8r said:

Always interesting stuff guys.