Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any casters offer this windshield washer fluid bag?

Haven't seen any resin copies, but as "kelson" stated, they are available in some kits, including the '67 Cyclone and '66 Fairlane.

I very recently swiped one from the '67 Cyclone kit for my '67 Galaxie.

The nice part is that the Cyclone is not supposed to use that particular part anyway.

The instructions call for the washer jar to be used instead.

Both the jar and bag are included in the kit.

Steve

2v2EAioTnxwUbWP.jpg

If you have one , you can slush cast millions yourself . Use Silicon Sealant , Spray you part after securing it on a surface   with cooking spray . Just not the type with olive oil .   Cover the part with a blob of Silicon . I wait is cure for at least a day before carefully peeling back the Blob to make sure it is totally cured . When done and cured , peel back the mold . Mix 2 part epoxy . Next , pour in mixture into the cavity .  This too , I wait a day . Peel back carefully again to check the process is finished . When cured peel off the blob (mold) and Viola ! You are a Resin Caster . Small parts are best to start with :)  Thanx .. 

2 hours ago, dimaxion said:

If you have one , you can slush cast millions yourself . Use Silicon Sealant , Spray you part after securing it on a surface   with cooking spray . Just not the type with olive oil .   Cover the part with a blob of Silicon . I wait is cure for at least a day before carefully peeling back the Blob to make sure it is totally cured . When done and cured , peel back the mold . Mix 2 part epoxy . Next , pour in mixture into the cavity .  This too , I wait a day . Peel back carefully again to check the process is finished . When cured peel off the blob (mold) and Viola ! You are a Resin Caster . Small parts are best to start with :)  Thanx .. 

Or you can make a mold much easier with Silly Putty, or as I do, a 2 part mold putty.

Mix the two parts together, press in the part that you want to recreate and let it set for a couple of hours.

When it's set, peel out the original and you are now ready to cast parts with either resin, 2 part epoxy, or if you want them instantly, you can use Lazer Bond or Bondic glue.

Steve