Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your other hobbies??

LOBBS

Let's see here- my college career (kind of like a hobby, plus they loan me money), photography, drawing, Command & Conquer, GT4, Pearls Before Swine, Tornado Jockey on my PC, my dog, reading, music and election coverage (every four years for me is like a year- long Christmas). Harry, if you want a real thrill, try underwater basket weaving :rolleyes: .

RC Cars, Helis, aircraft.

I have a pretty tricked out RS4-3 SS

newrs4.jpg

And a tricked out Hawk III

Hawk.jpg

I also some 3d modeling and graphics

Newdawn2.jpg

and some film and video NLE.

Edited by CAL

As for models it's cars or nothin'. My other addiction is an online video game called City of Heroes, which I love as I'm a closet comic book fanatic. My wife and two sons also play, so it's a family thing too. I used to collect comics until I bought my 1700 sq. foot home and realized that I would not have room for an extended collection.

My main interest is really anything automotive. I would consider many of the car shows, drag and circuit meets and car club cruises I attend a hobby. I really enjoy reading books, technical journals and magazines on cars, motorsport, hot rods etc. so I guess that too is kind of a hobby.

I do enjoy photography but really only at a very ammature level. I like the idea of taking candid images by the dozen in order to capture some of the things I've been doing in my youth.

My other main interest/passion is live music. I like CD's and reading updates/goss on some of my favourite bands but really there is nothing like going out at night with a couple of your mates, having a beer or two and jumping around like a lunatic in front of the stage :P

RC Cars, Helis, aircraft.

I have a pretty tricked out RS4-3 SS

newrs4.jpg

so, I know I've seen this before and you heard what I said but I still love to see this......how many $grands$ have you got there? :angry: All that aluminium and carbon fibre dang boy, what engine and body are on it? :)

Edited by Nick F40

My other hobby would definately be golf. It pretty much rules my life around the beginning of the school year with the high school golf team. my part time hobby would be convincing my dad to put an old monte carlo or chevelle in the garage (which is an up-hill battle)

Same here on the Monte Carlo or Chevelle but I all of a sudden got into golf as I was down in North Carolina in the Outer Banks with my uncles who golf and went to the driving range and DANG was that fun!!!! We were there for hours trying to see if one of us could hit it in the river that was right next to the range. It was at the bridge right where you start to go on to Kitty Hawk! :lol:

so, I know I've seen this before and you heard what I said but I still love to see this......how many $grands$ have you got there? :lol: All that aluminium and carbon fibre dang boy, what engine and body are on it? :lol:

over $2000 easy. Everything except about 2 parts (I can actually think of only one the Ant mount) has been replaced from the original kit.

O.S 18 and a Porsche GT3 Supercup body.

Edited by CAL

over $2000 easy.

O.S 18 and a Porsche GT3 Supercup body.

I'll race you in the new HPI's new RS4-3!

ok, the body was a stupid question :lol:

yeah that's what I figured, my total parts total for all my parts I wanted for this trail truck i'm building BEFORE I got brain cells, I know, was around $1300 and I don't have that as extra change! :lol:

I'll race you in the new HPI's new RS4-3!

ok, the body was a stupid question :lol:

yeah that's what I figured, my total parts total for all my parts I wanted for this trail truck i'm building BEFORE I got brain cells, I know, was around $1300 and I don't have that as extra change! :lol:

What is that the new 21?

Besides models, I'm big time into vintage Hot Wheels! Particularly those made between 1968-70. Hot Wheels were probably the main reason I didn't like models as a kid because why fool with putting them together, when you can get a nice shiny car in a blister pack you could play with? :D

Here's just a small sample of my collection................

P9062642-vi.jpg

P9062643-vi.jpg

P9062645-vi.jpg

..............Those of us over 40 that were into Hot Wheels will certainly remember these-------SIZZLERS!!

Some of these run some don't..........Target is selling them again so I guess I can pick up a few ugly ones and strip them for their chassis! :lol:

P9062646-vi.jpg

P9062647-vi.jpg

I'm also into RC planes and Helicopters..........I've got a helicopter hanging over my head in my workroom. This one does run, but it has no servos or radio. I've also got two more giant RC planes waiting to be built sometime. ;)

P9052638-vi.jpg

Besides Model tinkering, I used to have MANY aquariums, and I USED

to keep and breed African Cichlids, but living in an apartment, it became more work than fun.

Now I just keep reptiles. Snakes in particular. Small snakes, not large.

Here is one, it is a corn snake.

100_0749.jpg

Well I really need to drop some hobbies!! Other than Car models as of late I've found myself purchasing some current armor (stryker, Humvees, Tanks etc). Other than modeling I like RC I have a traxxas Jato, I just sold my Losi Aftershock. I'm into music I have a Korg recording board some line 6 effects boards a few amps and several guitars but most of the recording stuff is behind too many model kits for me to even use it now LOL. I also enjoy competitive action pistol shooting (IDPA type events) and some mid-long range rifle shooting. In the winter I hunt as well. I have a 1:1 drag car but I need to freshen the engine up in it therefore I haven't run it in about a year. I also enjoy drawing (drag cars of course) And I try to attend at least one or two national drag racing events a year, but in the past few years I've become just as interested in the Outlaw street car events at the smaller tracks. I guess you could say when I'm off work I've got to be doing something all the time LOL.

Chris