Model Cars Magazine Forum

caterpillars and earthworms

olsbooks

Going to try another stab at this. Unlike deviantart, the quality of dialogue and character of the members is exponentially better and more constructive.

Anyway, this is a roden 1/35 holt 75 assembled last year.  Quality of the kit was about like a lindberg... poor. Step one is to throw away the instructions.  Step 2 is spending a week cleaning it up before priming or gluing anything.  There is a pony under the pile of manure if willing to search for it.

The objective is to have this thing breaking fresh ground on the northern plains.  Cheap suggestions on prairie grass are welcome. Static grass is out. I keep going back to using paint brush bristles for the grass but cant figure out how to cover a large area and pack it tight.  Also ideas on starting point for the moldboard plows are welcome. 

Suggestions appreciated.  

20190521_191441.jpg

downloadfile-44.jpeg

Edited by olsbooks

They are amazing to watch...and  the operators.  You must work with it and "listen" to it. It proves, to me anyway,  when strength, brains, and good dose of humility are put into action,  amazing and beautiful things can happen/appear. The arrogant and willfully ignorant show their true colors in a matter of minutes....and lose.

Edited by olsbooks

• 2 weeks later...

I've never tried this, but what about some sort of cheap green synthetic fur trimmed to be a little more random and dry brushed with various earthy greens and yellows? That's kind of what the photo looks like.