Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge RamCharger

RodneyBad

Started out with a Monogram RamCharger and a Challenger.

Converted to 2wd

RamChargerleftside6.jpg

My Window tinting wasn't state of the art back then (or now) and my cat knocked it off the shelf.

Broke off a piece of rear window trim nice and neat.

But it is done, broke and all.

ModelRamCharger-6.jpg

Dropped the Challenger suspinion and 340 6-pack into it.

340motor.jpg

ModelRamCharger-3.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

thank you.

Edited by Zukiholic

Weeeeell, in the real world, you could build such a vehicle. Its differentand thats what retained my attention. I love the color scheme now..... Uh try unexposed color film to replace youre windows. Thats been the one thing ive used suscessfully over the years to get a " Factory Tint" look to glass. Ed Shaver

I forgot I Dig Blacked out that one window.

I used Tamiya spray tint and it works Okay, just don't try and add a second coat.

I know I have a roll of 35mm unexposed color film, Guess I'll unroll it.

Will it store okay that way or just pull our what you need?

The front, rear suspension and exhaust just fell into place like it was meant to be.

My dad had a 85 2wd and lowering it would have improved the looks and handling.

Man, What a Boat feeling it had.

Thank yous.

I love it!!!

I had an '84 4x4..and would love to find a 78 Trailduster 4x4 with the removable roof!!!

:lol: i aint the only one!?! :wub:

my dad used to have a couple when i was lil and i LOVED em. when my dad was partin one out he had the body sittin on the ground and i used it as a fort :D

Thanks Guys.

I figure they couldn't to be hard to find since they reissued them with the boat.

(or was it that long ago?)

It would be nice if they did a 70's Ramcharger or an 80-present Dodge truck at least (that was a Kit not snap)

Dodge always seem to get the short stick or they hoard their licensing tightly.

• 1 year later...

cool looking one like how everything went together would be a sweet ride for crusing

to the beach. I wish they would make more older Dodge pickup models to I get tired

of building Fords and Chevys and stop for a while also I have a Viper V10 in my parts

box that would look good in a older pickup

The way I did the film was to send it in and have it developed, not pull it out of the roll. When it comes back from developing you will have the negative strips to use as windows. Also, if you know of anyone with old microfiche machines and fiche you can use them for limo dark glass.

Edited by Modelcollector

Considering the original poster bumped this back from the dead, we'll let it slide! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, you and this build helped me decide which way to go with the Ramcharger kit I did get a while back. Even though it has stalled due to other projects, be assured that it is getting built and I have you to partially thank for it. Thanks again for the help and inspiration.

• 1 year later...

WOW!

Thanks for linking this from your Power Wagon!

I thought you probably used the t-case from the Ramcharger. I need to find one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, I also kind of did the same thing you did to your Ramcharger to a Lil red express I have in the works, except i used the whole front clip & suspension from the Monogram 71 Hemi cuda. I also used the HEMI!