Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yet another newbie

HI All, I've been checking out the forums for a while now as I'm getting back into modeling after a 40-year layoff, and I've already learned a great deal - hope to be able to contribute something soon!

My wife and I live in the Raleigh, NC area. My primary modeling interest is Japanese 4x4's and older Toyota cars. To ease back into building, I've already ruined a Tamiya 80-Series Land Cruiser, and got an AMT Scout II from HL for $7.50 to play with. Skills and techniques are improving already...

I've owned a 1994 Toyota XCab 4x4; 1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (triple-locked); 2004 Tacoma; 1971 FJ40; and currently a 2007 GX470 (Toyota Prado outside of the US). When we first started dating, my wife had an '82 Tercel that was indestructible, and the hooks were set...

I think I'm decent at parts prep, but still working through painting techniques and decaling. As I mentioned, this forum has already been a huge help and I look forward to learning more - thank you all for your willingness to share your knowledge!