Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth T 600 A Canepa

I think the truck you built is the regular T600A kit as the side skirts are different on the Canepa version...but it looks nice anyway. ?
I built the Canepa version for my Castrol GTX Top Fuel Team transporter years ago and had no major issues with it...are these good accurate kits...naah, not really...but they are for sure buildable and looks decent on the shelf.

Here is a couple of pictures of the two different versions of the AMT T600A kit so you see the difference.

The regular T600A

1259483894_115036-105921990.jpg.caa7a907c8aea51dde12f8981868dc3e.jpg

And the Canepa Version, the wheel covers are in both kits but the front bumper and side skirts are different on the Canepa version.

75448678_115047-105921990.jpg.1ee48ae781c5e63d7b6a43c3c31b1083.jpg

Edited by Force

On 8/31/2019 at 4:00 PM, tbill said:

Great job on an awful kit, having built one, I know the trials and tribulations of that mess of a box of plastic. Looks great, well done!

I agree.  I used this kit for my build of my replica of my real T600.  And yes this kit was hard and fitment was not great even though I did some mods to mine.  I think box stock it would be hard to get it to look good, especially that aero sleeper.  I hated the box stock wheels.

Mine

dscn8265_orig.jpg

• 8 months later...

You've done a nice job on this one, Man... Another very difficult kit to build... Vague instructions...Odd fits... The whole nine... But still, I'd love to build one more of these, myself... With a few mods, this truck can look excellent.... Very nice... I like the Pete decals on it....

Yes, I agree with some of the others, this kit had all kinds of problems, basically it was a re-bodied original release AMT W900 kit. I built one of these back in 1990 and stretched the frame and side fairings so it wouldn't look stubby, never wanted to even attempt another one. My hats off to you on the build, yours turned out nicely.