Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1977 Ford Delivery Van w/Coke Machine

Casey

59 minutes ago, 2NthreequarterSFPD022 said:

I would like to see someone make a transkit package for both the Ford and Chevrolet vans so we could build long wheel base customs or 15 passenger versions.

The Chevy is available in short and long, just not the extra long but you don't see those often anyways. Not as often as you used to see the Ford extra long.

Ever since I saw local legend and car dealer Frank Verducci of Serramonte Ford of Colma/ Daly City in late 1976 selling that brand new '77 custom Forty Niner Ford van on television I have always wanted it.

Or at least go to a tailgate party in it to eat and watch the pregame show out in the lot before going inside to watch the warm ups.  I would really like to build one in miniature.

Candlestick is gone, the Forty Niners are gone, and as far as that van, I can't even find a pic of it.

Edited by 2NthreequarterSFPD022
Poor grammar

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 9:25 AM, 2NthreequarterSFPD022 said:

Ever since I saw local legend and car dealer Frank Verducci of Serramonte Ford of Colma/ Daly City in late 1976 selling that brand new '77 custom Forty Niner Ford van on television I have always wanted it.

Or at least go to a tailgate party in it to eat and watch the pregame show out in the lot before going inside to watch the warm ups.  I would really like to build one in miniature.

Candlestick is gone, the Forty Niners are gone, and as far as that van, I can't even find a pic of it.

Kid, have you ever found any pics of the Forty Niner Ford?

I'm just curious, as I had never heard of it.

2 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Kid, have you ever found any pics of the Forty Niner Ford?

I'm just curious, as I had never heard of it.

No... I can kinda remember what it looked like though.

I don't go on Facebook, never have and probably never will, but I see that Verducci's family has posted a "photo album" for Frank. Maybe there's a pic in existence and it's on there.

The LWB van was white with one married scarlet & gold stripe as a "beltline" Gold over scarlet if I remember right.

The stripe went all the way around and dipped beneath the custom big window on at least the   loadside. It had the old two bar facemask helmet on the spare tire cover which was white too. I don't remember if it had any "49ers" or "Forty Niners" scripts on the van anywhere. If I made one it would have some.

All I remember on the interior is that it had the standard "tailgater" design, which has the rear couch seat at the very back mounted on a riser with two swivel captain's chairs lower in front of it and the table with drink holders just in front of the couch and between the captain's chairs. Big television (19 inch?) right behind the driver's captain's chair (passenger seat also a captain's chair) and a small refrigerator either under the television or next to it. I don't remember the interior color but I think it was Ford tan.

790d0502c0047bae4afa1863d8f043b0.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...