Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934 Turbo RSR (12055)

When I ordered the Italeri 1/12 Fiat 500 Asseto Corsa, I stumbled upon a pre-registration for the well known 1/12 Tamiya Porsche 934. I was a bit surprised as I haven't heard anything about it yet.

It is due for release on late november for a retail around 130 Euro's (150 usd?) It is a straight release from the 12040, but it has slicks instead of profiled tyres (which I'd rather had, but so be it).  For the rest, it seems to be the same old (but wonderful) kit.

I pre-ordered 2 since they are decent priced as they got around 200 euro's over here on the second hand sites. I've seen poorly built ones go for over 100 euro's!

37c17e20250869c5bed7f38d08dd5dfe.jpg

I have mine ordered from Chris at Upscale Hobbies in the US. And yes, $150 US (he offers it with free shipping within the US) so knock off probably another $20 cause I cant imagine it'll be a cheap box to ship.

I got paint already, just have to look into some 1/12 detail items. Some A/N fittings, not sure what else might be needed.

Definitely looking forward to this release, My plan is to build this over the winter, after I finish my 24hr of Daytona build at the end of January and spend the rest of the winter on just this project.

As of today, Hobby Easy has this kit available so it should be shipping out to other vendors shortly. https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/jndtqbplryvektamrggp.html

Too bad about the tires and decals but it's just the way it is now a days with licencing and fees.

There is already a fill in set for the tires on Ebay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-12-PORSCHE-934-FILL-IN-DECALS-for-TAMIYA-12055/233377012363?hash=item36565a9a8b:g:HpcAAOSwZp5drv4k

I'm sure more will follow as well as some proper aftermarket tires by someone.

14 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

Erik, is that the actual box art? If so, I don't see any mention of Cartograf. Cartograf is usually pretty clearly identified on the box art if they are the decal producer.

Bill, yes it is. I haven't looked into it, but I am quite certain I read on a Tamiya site, that it has Cartograf decals.