Model Cars Magazine Forum

modern 53' trailers

Fortunately, YES! B)

Modelltruckandparts from Austria made a 53' Transcraft flatbed multimedia kit for the hefty sum of around €100 ( roughly $140 ).

I bought 2 of them some time ago and I'm very pleased with them.

Link: http://www.modelltrucksandparts.at/shop/pr...9bc6366c19729b8 ( hope this works as it's a bit long ;))

If it doens't work then go to the mainpage and click on the trailerimage for more info ( there's an English language flag on the bottom of the same page )....... http://modelltrucksandparts.at/shop/

Also, Klaus Clever from Germany did a 45' Scona flatbed oilfield trailer a couple of years ago......very nice kit as well but you have to add a lot of extra's afterwards which make things very expensive ( wheels, balsawood and a bunch of Evergreen ).

This kit is/was availlable in both 1/24 and 1/25 scale.

Regards,

Arjan

If you want an oilfield trailer, look here:

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=17

Its $175, and it doesn't come with wheels or tires; but it's a start.

Jim,

That was the kit made by Klaus Clever ( K.C. ) and appearantly it's no longer availlable.

It's a lot of money but it is a nice kit......but you have to add a lot of stuff by yourself.

In the latest TruckModelWorld there was an article about how to scratch a ( British ) flatbed trailer.....as the basic idea is similar to US trailers it would be very helpfull in scratching a 53'trailer yourself.

Arjan

sure make me start looking for my scale ruler again, and try matching it to SAE geez you want a lot from a guy for a silly project..... yet adding 13 scale feet may be easier then fixing a leak on my GMC Jimmy that i cant find this week, and here i thought i was going to relax this weekend and work on primer painting this weekend.

How is the mail and envelopes going?

bill d. :P

What's goin' on...

When it comes to modern trailers for the most part you're on your own(scratchbuild). I know of a few aftermarket kits. You can get a couple AMT Great Dane vans and make a 53.

You can take Italeri's 48' American Reefer and stretch it. I hear it's not the most accurate kit, but it would make for a more modern trailer.

THE WHEELS ARE INCORRECT AND THE HEIGHT OF THE TRAILER IS TOO SHORT, BUT THEY ARE A EASY FIX. FLATBEDS ARE EASY TO SCRATCH, JUST USE THE FRAMES OUT OF THE REVELL OF GERMANY REEFER TRAILER. THAT TRAILER LOOKS GOOD BUT WAY TOO PRICEY. YOU CAN SCRATCH 3 FOR THE PRICE OF THAT 1. IMO.