Model Cars Magazine Forum

S**t load of Chevys....

Shambles

I've got 11 or 12 of these '64 WCPD Chevys, so what better way to show 'em off than at Shambles Performance Motors car lot? I put the hubcaps and fender skirts in the trunk for those being unloaded. That's the way the 1:1s came.

3.jpg

4 copy.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Shambles

This diorama is absolutely brilliant! Did you plan such a project from the start, or was it the result of having built so many Impalas over the years? I'm not sure what WPCD means - are they promos? Are they all based on the AMT kit? I'm also impressed with your figures. Are you modifying the driver/mechanic figures that come in kits?

You probably have already answered these questions in an On the Workbench post somewhere. Forget my asking, and just look at this as my way of appreciating your elaborate creation.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, Roadrunnertwice said:

This diorama is absolutely brilliant! Did you plan such a project from the start, or was it the result of having built so many Impalas over the years? I'm not sure what WPCD means - are they promos? Are they all based on the AMT kit? I'm also impressed with your figures. Are you modifying the driver/mechanic figures that come in kits?

You probably have already answered these questions in an On the Workbench post somewhere. Forget my asking, and just look at this as my way of appreciating your elaborate creation.

Nice diorama Shambles, if you're going for period correct ya gotta get that newer Ford truck outta there!!! lol

West Coast Precision Diecast

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/west-coast-precision-diecast-wcpd-52791593

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 11:17 AM, Roadrunnertwice said:

This diorama is absolutely brilliant! Did you plan such a project from the start, or was it the result of having built so many Impalas over the years? I'mnot sure what WPCD means - are they promos? Are they all based on the AMT kit? I'm also impressed with your figures. Are you modifying the driver/mechanic figures that come in kits?

Thanks for asking and thanks for the compliments. Ain't been building many models lately while concentrating on the diorama and a back story to go along with it. The story is a little risqué for some forums, so I've got it on my website @ https://www.shamblesmodels.com/blog-index.html. Those are all West Coast Precision 1:24 die cast models. I've added a Shambles Performance Salvage shop and fleet to the diorama and having a blast doing it! I design and print the decals for the signs and vehicles and mess around with Photoshop for backgrounds and other stuff. I'm updating my site gradually each day. I'd be flattered if yall would check it out. 

IMG_6582.jpeg

Edited by Shambles
text

18 hours ago, Shambles said:

Hey, Dr.Kerry. So you noticed that Ford huh? ?.I thought about doing period-correct dioramas, but decided to make it more about classic performance cars. My first dioramas with kit built cars was Shambles Performance Salvage. 

junkyard-959.jpg

Lol! I did see it hiding back there.. like your ideas in dioramas! 

Ah your 1964 Chevy dealership brings back a lot of memories for me.  During the summer of "64 I worked at a Chevy dealership before going to off to college.  As you say the new cars were delivered with the hubcaps in the trunk and coated in heavy wax.  The wax had to be removed with something that smelled like kerosene so that was my summer job.  My mother made me remove my clothes at the back door because it smelled so bad.