Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ultimate Adventure Unimog U1300L

Last year for the Vannonball Run build-off I did what I called the Ultimate Adventure G30 4X4 van. It is a high top 4x4 conversion of the AMT Rescue van. See here: 

This year I decided that I wanted to continue and maybe make a series of "Ultimate Adventure" trucks. I am into Overlanding and this is up my alley. This year I will be doing a conversion of the Unimog Fire truck into a Overland Camper like the one pictured below. I may try to convert it to a 4 door if I get another cab to work with. I think I will be doing a box slightly larger than the one in the picture and add a few things to make it mine, but this gives the direction I am going. 

201905111-small.jpg

midnight-at-the-arctic-circle-2.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have been working on this a bit more and I now have a partial second kit to work with and a 3rd partial if needed. I cut the cab apart and added the section from the second kit and I have also added to the frame to get the length right. This has been a challenge as the cabs have opening doors, so keeping everything straight and true has been tough. 

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

5a10dee24ee0cd8081a5bd559c46418e.jpg