Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Torino Shaker hood??

3 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

But use the body from the green kit because I don't think Cobra version has been reissued since they fixed the rear quarter panels.

I didn’t realize there was a known quarter panel problem with the Torino. Or that it had been fixed, for that matter. Interesting, as just last night I was thinking about re-bodying my original issue build. Now, all the more reason to do so. 

Does the ‘green car’ reissue include the PE bits, like the original? 

30 minutes ago, Bainford said:

I didn’t realize there was a known quarter panel problem with the Torino. Or that it had been fixed, for that matter. Interesting, as just last night I was thinking about re-bodying my original issue build. Now, all the more reason to do so. 

Does the ‘green car’ reissue include the PE bits, like the original? 

If I recall correctly the fix is behind the rear wheel wells in the lower body crease. I don't know for sure if the green car has the photoetch, I can look tomorrow. 

19 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

If I recall correctly the fix is behind the rear wheel wells in the lower body crease. I don't know for sure if the green car has the photoetch, I can look tomorrow. 

Cheers Brian, much appreciated. The PE is  indeed in the green car reissue. 

Thanks for the link, Casey. Very helpful.