Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started on the MPC Chevy Blazer snap kit to try n do a quick build based on a CUCV.

I want to change kit 8 spoke wheels to steels, any suggestions as what other kit might have them ?

I found these in my spares box, only 5 not 6 stud but i only have 4 of them. The 5th is different but same tyre ? 

ebay294737.jpg

20200321_170628.jpg

Those wheels you have look like they are from a Land Rover. If you want 6 lug, Scenes Unlimited has them, but they are rather narrow, you would need to add some hoops from other wheels. If you want to keep the 5 lugs, the AMT Rescue/Police van has some real nice 5 lug stockers that might work. 

8 lug would only be right if you were making a M1008(1 1/4 ton pickup), you are making an M1009(Blazer).

Revell Black Widow 57 Chevy has six lug steel wheels. They are shallower than the ones in your photo though and would require an additional ring or something to deepen. 
The Revell Monogram Datsun Off Road pick up also has six lug steelies, but they have a little different design. 

Edited by Erik Smith