Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone decanted Testor’s after the can...

I would suggest that if you're going to try to puncture the can in any way to think long and hard about doing that. While the can may leak all or part of its propellant I still wouldn't want to be trying to open the container to get that last little bit of paint since I think there will always be some pressure there and you might end up with a very big mess on you and the surrounding area. 

I put the can upside down in a bucket and use a bottom edge cutting can opener (manual) . I let the pressure slowly release  for awhile then finish cutting the bottom off. Be careful when you pour it out as sometimes the gas bubbles up and it may overflow. I put it in a glass jar with a surgical glove stretched over the top with a pin hole in a finger tip. This allows the gas to escape with out letting air back in. 

The paint will still be good. Maybe a touch thick. But, you can thin it down before airbrushing. Even if most of the propellant is gone, there will still be enough to make it squirt out. If it has no propellant at all, you can simply drill a hole in the can.