Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for "restomod" wheels and tires...

Fairly new to this hobby and after searching the forum didn't find what I was looking for so hoping someone can help me here. Are there any resources for large "restomod" style wheels and tires? I don't have a specific style in mind, but more on the "wild" side is my preference. Here's an example of what I want to build:

https://lowfastfamous.tumblr.com/post/175796031889/hot-wheels-yeah-adry53-with-some-more-dodge

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Rob

I'd suggest doing a google image search for "1/24 tuner wheels". That will give you a good cross section of choices like hiroboy,  hobbylink, etc. but it's kind of confusing sorting the online vendors from sites just showing product. 

Happy hunting.

If you're not looking for a specific design then I would recommend looking for two brands - Aoshima and USCP.   Aoshima has alot of different designs in 19 and 20" (in 24th scale) and larger.  They are all wheel and tire sets, some including brakes and decals.  You can find them from a variety of sources including EBay and online shops for usually between $10 and $15 USD.

USCP (Ukranian Scale Cars Production) sells direct from their own website (http://uscp-ua.com) and through other hobby suppliers.  They are all resin casts and can be bought with, or without tires.  Most styles you can also get your choice of ultra-low profile "stance" tires or more standard size performance tires.  Again there are dozens of styles in sizes from 14" to 21" in 24th scale. Prices are $22 USD per set with tires or $15 without.

If you want aoshima or fujim rim sets cheaper try 1999.co.jp or hlj.com. Both are in Japan but even with shipping work out much cheaper. An ebay search for resin wheels 1/24 will bring up loads of options, but for ones similat to those in the pic try hobby design as they have loads like those in different sizes but they generally need you to supply tyres. You can find them on the hobby design site or hiroboy in the uk usually have a good selection, however they are shut till this virus goes away.

Edited by stitchdup