Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Mustang convertible

vamach1

One of my fastest builds ever.  Okay - I cheated.  This is a 1/43 Precision Miniatures pre-built model.  The only thing I had to do was glue the windshield in and attach the mirror.  Although that sounds easy I has to unscrew the model and glue it in from undeneath.  To add some pizazz while doing an inventory of my unbuilt 1/43 models I found two 66 GT350 convertibles in pretty rough shape.  I bought them "used" and both need to be repainted but when I saw the wheels I immediately thought they would look a lot better than the ugly hubcaps.  So, here it is and I hope you all like it.  As for cost, these kits were $20 unbuilt in the 1980's and these prebuilt ones were probably around $60.  I bought this one on Ebay with a some others PM (Ferrari's, Porsches) prebuilt which I later resold on Ebay as I just wanted the Mustang and ended up paying very little after re-selling the other models.

IMG_7605.JPG

IMG_7606.JPG