Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of my models

BIRD67

Here is the second one; a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8, I built this one box stock except for the hood scoop, I cannot find the model, the only parts I have left are the Wheels, Rear bumper and hood scoop.. I painted the pink and black, and my stepdad did the silver paint and speckeled the interior..

post-3459-1225308538_thumb.jpg

Those kits aren't that bad. Should see the ones that I have built in the past. At least you're taking them apart and saving pieces. Most of my older kits, I've either blown up or they're buried in the sand box at my old house. You see the areas you need improvement on and your skills will improve as you build. Try not to get down on the mistakes that happen and use them as a learning experience. Everyone makes them. Just enjoy the hobby.

Ok i hate seeing an up coming builder killing himself over what he did.

Those builds look darn good for a newbie trust me you should have seen mine it was a wreck.

Let me put it to you this way bro .

You will become better over time.

I started back into models back about 3-4 yrs ago.

First kit i cut my teeth on was the amt 55 cameo it was horrable i mean it would make you run away while screaming.

But over the past 3-4 yrs i have evolved taking baby steps along the way.

Now im not tryin to show boat but look at my builds.

Thanks to a homie by the name of Mr.Biggs he took his time to teach me alot of things during the shows i seen him at.

Also the forums i belong to help me to keep up with "The Big Dogs".

there are buddies i made on these forums that also help out such as Raul Perez,George53,Minidreams inc.,and a serise of others.

DO NOT compare yourself to anyone on here it will cause you to get burned out and possably leave this great hobby.

Heres an idea for you from me (these are proven by me) start off with box stock builds with the exception of paint colors.

After you master that then move on to wired distributers,fuel lines,fittings,and interior details.

After you master that there is no limits for you.

As the letters say (K.I.S.S) Keep It Simple Stupid it helps out in the long run.

Keep building bro i have my eyes set on you :)

Ok i hate seeing an up coming builder killing himself over what he did.

Those builds look darn good for a newbie trust me you should have seen mine it was a wreck.

Let me put it to you this way bro .

You will become better over time.

I started back into models back about 3-4 yrs ago.

First kit i cut my teeth on was the amt 55 cameo it was horrable i mean it would make you run away while screaming.

But over the past 3-4 yrs i have evolved taking baby steps along the way.

Now im not tryin to show boat but look at my builds.

Thanks to a homie by the name of Mr.Biggs he took his time to teach me alot of things during the shows i seen him at.

Also the forums i belong to help me to keep up with "The Big Dogs".

there are buddies i made on these forums that also help out such as Raul Perez,George53,Minidreams inc.,and a serise of others.

DO NOT compare yourself to anyone on here it will cause you to get burned out and possably leave this great hobby.

Heres an idea for you from me (these are proven by me) start off with box stock builds with the exception of paint colors.

After you master that then move on to wired distributers,fuel lines,fittings,and interior details.

After you master that there is no limits for you.

As the letters say (K.I.S.S) Keep It Simple Stupid it helps out in the long run.

Keep building bro i have my eyes set on you :)

Good advice, Kevin!!

Yep, build at your own pace; be happy with each new skill that you acquire and be proud to display anything you've built here on this forum. Afterall, we all started out as newbies, just like you...AND...we continually need younger folks entering and staying with the hobby.

Hay my first build's are gone but I have come along way from there, and I'm still not whare I want to be, and I've been doing this off an and on for many years, yet I build what I like, what I see In my mind, and every now and again I'll build one with wire's, or a crushed velvet interior, but my whole thing Is chope'd and channel'd, but It take's practice and like It was said, start out doing small thing's, like paint, then go from there, NEVER think you're build's are not good enough, the build's you do now will be the insperation, to the young one's who will come behind you, as you get better, and believe me my friend, there's no other way to go, each build you will get better, on this site and a few other's there's builders that are out of this world, and they build becouse they enjoy the hobbie and you will find that if you ask how they did the trick's or mod's, they are willing to share the secret, so sit back, have fun, build what you want, and ask question's, but NEVER think for a moment that you're build's fail. So build on my young friend, and keep the picture's comeing, of you're future builds....

Edited by unforgiven

May I offer some advice?

NEVER tear them apart!!

They will come apart on there own.

In ten years, if you stick with it, it will be nice, to look at some of your first builds, and see how far you have come. It also helps, to see what you were doing wrong.

Just my opinion.

Good luck, and keep building, they get better as you learn.

do what i did, start making lists of things you could do better next time, and do them! then after you find more things to improve on add them to the list to. is still working really well for me!

I think they look great ! I've been in the hobby for 20 yrs and my first ones were terrible but I was having fun and thats what this great hobby is all about. :D