Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2's Next Coca Cola Theme? '95 Chevy C-1500

I got a second copy of the '95 Brickyard 400 Chevy C-1500 pickup at local flea market in a trade deal. Since this had what looked like smoke damage (yellowed on drivers side)  made it a good project for  a repaint. I stripped it of the graphic's then re painted/gloss coated the pickup, and changed out the wheel's to standard one's. I added Coca-Cola decal's that came with the GMC General kit that came out recently.

brickyard 400.jpg

DSC04980.JPG

DSC04981.JPG

DSC04982.JPG

DSC04987.JPG

DSC04976.JPG

DSC04978.JPG

Edited by ranma

6 hours ago, gray07 said:

Are these diecast

No, They are promo's which are also the same cab,bed, hood, interior,glass, bumpers,grill, and tail lights that came in the full detailed kit. The hood is just pinned shut, but can be pulled off to expose the engine bay. The real only difference between the detailed and promo is the chassis . If you have any of the full detailed kits, just check the cab closely , and you will see the front pin holes for the front hood pins. If you turn the cab over you'll find the chassis screw post, and where the pins were removed for the detailed chassis's front suspension. The AMT Ford F-150 kit's are the same between the promo and detailed kit. In fact I think that many of the 1990's promos that amt produced were also produced as full kit's. These include: Ford Taurus, Chevy Corvettes, Camaros, Pickups,  Beretta,Pontiac T/A, Ford F-150, ranger pickup,  and Dodge stealth.there were some promo;s never issued as full detailed kit's as well , Two off the top of my head are the Chevy Tahoe, and Dodge Ram pickup's...The Snapfast Plus line was just Promo's that you put together Simular to smp/amt Craftsman kit's that were build your own promo.

Dodge stealth 1.jpg

Dodge stealth 2.jpg

silver1.jpg

silver2.jpg

Ford 1.jpg

Ford 2.jpg

ford 3.jpg

Edited by ranma