Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Miss Deal funny car

cobraman

One of my all time favorite model kits . Funny , I had this kit maybe 5 or 6 times over the years but never built it as intended . I always used different bodies and then used the kit body on a dragster frame to make a fuel coupe . This then is the first time it is being built stock . I did a swirl a delic paint job just to see how that worked . I decided to go ahead and build it like that even tho kind of weird . At least it’s different . I also put some rust holes in it just because . Old crappy body on a restored chassis . 

F808AF73-962B-434A-A90C-2056F283EF38.jpeg

81E66220-8924-4A7C-BDCF-4F6289DCD41D.jpeg

C3C5D279-7F9A-4D3A-B4C5-AE3AFB486842.jpeg

9F8C24CC-D52E-4CE1-9086-D9536C540A9D.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, cobraman said:

Thanks Guido. Jason, I did the same thing several times with different bodies. 53 Vette and 63 Vette were the latest.

I also have a 62 johan dart that was a glue bomb buy, might need to look that over. just the right amount of early 60's fugly mopar badness!! I love those old mopars. .   

13 hours ago, cobraman said:

Thanks Jason. I know the paint job is silly but it's a model so what the heck. Been thinking of trying that method for years. It's one of those jobs you hate or you really hate it ! ?

Not silly, that's the fun thing about model building is its expression it allows you. This forum inspires me, to think outside the box. Until I seen your thread my model was sitting on the shelf and now I'm forming a plan to move forward with it. 

Edited by wrenchr