Model Cars Magazine Forum

As requested, here's some more scratchbuilt goodies...

Scale-Master

...for the Seven...

Alternator

44 scratchbuilt parts and 4 custom made decals.

DSC09892.jpg

DSC09889.jpg

DSC09890.jpg

Masters and Slave

Seven individual machined parts in the Brake Master Cylinder. The reservoir was machined from leftover casting resin. The rest is mostly aluminum.

DSC00003.jpg

All machined aluminum except the machined left over cast resin reservoir, and machined soft plastic seal under it.

Seven pieces for the master, eight pieces for the slave.

DSC09920.jpg

Wheels

Still have to make the center caps and valve caps, yes there are valve cores in there and they move, no, they don't hold air...

Machined a master for the center and cast it in resin, the rest of each wheel is machined.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

NOS Bottle

Over a dozen machined parts. The gauge has a needle, and a lens.

The blow off valve is bronze and aluminum, the safety cable was wound from some very fine wire.

Note the 7 faceted knob, (it is for my seventh Super Seven), and locking hardware too.

Made the decals, of course... - Mark

DSC09446.jpg

DSC09448.jpg

Mark,

Just thought you'd like to know that you made the "Slotblog" forum site! Someone saw your stuff here and posted a link on Slotblog. Of course the reviews were good... mostly they were simply blown away with your attention to detail. Maybe they didn't realize that your actually taking pictures of real car parts.... Hmmm, you should get your thumb in the picture next time like Bob Paeth used to...

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest Dr. Odyssey
props to Dr. David for digging this thread up while the parts shown here are nothing short of spectacular and absolutely amazing there is also something to learn from what's also been posted by Scale-Master. i think the use of the white resin is a very cool touch and tip for replicating the white plastic reservoirs on the brake master cylinder and slave cylinders. incredibly cool stuff IMO

Glad to provide a public service Dave! I find it intresting the way some good modelers here get so much praise that goes on for pages and pages for things that look a bit sloppy - or worse - and this level of clean work gets lost in the back pages after just six comments?  Is building something that looks like the modeler drove thru Michaels with a magnet what the majority strives for here? What am I missing?

Guest Dr. Odyssey

Nice bits, but ... are those component colors accurate for a '68-'70 Charger in the most detailed/accurate build ever?)

I think you might want to read a little better or find a Dukes of Hazzard model?  He said what it was for:

These are 1/12 scale parts for the Blue Super Seven "Superb 7".  (As seen in my avatar.)

I think you might want to read a little better or find a Dukes of Hazzard model? He said what it was for:

Have you totally missed the entire General Lee melodrama or do you just not get ironic humor? Perhaps I was too subtle.

[self-Editor's note: Me? Too subtle?
:rolleyes:
]

I know what Mark created those amazing parts for, I was just juxtapositioning the thread with the greatest General Lee model ever built ... for sardonic contrast ... much as you yourself said: "I find it intresting the way some good modelers here get so much praise that goes on for pages and pages for things that look a bit sloppy - or worse - and this level of clean work gets lost in the back pages after just six comments?"

Actually, I think you and I are on the same page here.

B)

why quit? work like this should inspire you and make you want to improve your skills and get better. i know it works that way for me

You're exactly right Dave. That was just a tongue in cheek kind of compliment. It did open my eyes a bit wider to the possibilities of this hobby! It's almost liberating to see this done in 3-D. Keep on keepin on, brother!

Guest Dr. Odyssey

Have you totally missed the entire General Lee melodrama or do you just not get ironic humor?  Perhaps I was too subtle.  I know what Mark created those amazing parts for, I was just juxtapositioning the thread with the greatest General Lee model ever built ... for sardonic contrast ... much as you yourself said: <em>"I find it intresting the way some good modelers here get so much praise that goes on for pages and pages for things that look a bit sloppy - or worse - and this level of clean work gets lost in the back pages after just six comments?

Actually, I think you and I are on the same page here.

I didn't know you knew about this model. My bad.

I guess my rapier wit didn't come across as well, but yeah I did see some -um- interesting -um-, well entertaining Dukes of Hazzard threads.

I didn't know you knew about this model. My bad.

I guess my rapier wit didn't come across as well, but yeah I did see some -um- interesting -um-, well entertaining Dukes of Hazzard threads.

It's all good, Dr. Dave.

'Entertaining' is a great euphemism for some of the threads that devolve into love fests and killer-bee swarm attacks when certain 'tutorials' and WIPs appear and reappear. Want to see a mild-mannered forum erupt into internet gee-hod*? Just ask an accuracy question or point out a flaw in an orange charger build by one of the BoLuke experts or the diehard hazzardistas!

B)

* = Yes, gang, I know how to correctly spell the word, but I figured it was better to spell it phonetically than to spell it correctly and have this thread discussed endlessly in Langley, VA while they try to decide if there are hidden messages in this sub-ver-sive site.