Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cadillac coupe de ville 1966

bimmer

;) As a builder of Cadillacs for over 30 years, I can honestly say, that this is the way ALL our cars left the plant, in absolutley BEAUTIFUL condition! After all they were BRAND NEW! Your model is a beautiful build, an extrordinarily nice example of the line! I'm really diggin on it, GREAT JOB!!!! :blink:

I am reminded of that old 1970's TV show..."The Love Boat" or is it Boat's? Either way, they were big land cruisers in their days. My brother owns a very well preserved 1966 Caddy Convertible, white with red, just like the color '66 here. all though your paint is much better. When I go out for a ride in that car I find myself getting a "wee bit sea sick" from time to time. Anyway...Beautiful builds..they are a "marker in time". A time when gas was cheap, bigger was better, we all wanted 429 ci. under the hood and we did not want to know that there were any imperfections in the road below us. Smooth, soft and cushy....not my cup of tea....but very successful in their day. Great job...very convincing builds.

OMG that is pretty!!!!This is killing me where can I get that kit?????I would love to model that car!Nice very nice!

Thanks for your comments, I found that kit (Hasegawa) in Toledo last month and it was the first time I saw it! I don't know if is a rare one but I want it again!!!!

Bimmer, if I'm not mistaken that kit is 10/15 years old. I don't know if Hasegawa still even pops it. It was in 60's set that included a 66 Impala(which was really a 65) a 66 Buick I think, an a 66 sumpthin else.I liked it but never got it caz it's 24th scale, an I'm a bigot! wish I had gotten it now!!! Again, it IS a BEAUTIFUL build! ;)

Bimmer, if I'm not mistaken that kit is 10/15 years old. I don't know if Hasegawa still even pops it. It was in 60's set that included a 66 Impala(which was really a 65) a 66 Buick I think, an a 66 sumpthin else.I liked it but never got it caz it's 24th scale, an I'm a bigot! wish I had gotten it now!!! Again, it IS a BEAUTIFUL build! ;)

yep! they are still makin em! my local hobby shop (only one within 2 hours) says he can get it for me.... for 65.00... hahaha I laughed my way out of there.

same store that wants 38.00 for a impala ss kit, and 28.00 for a donk cadillac.

5.00 each for testors glass jar paints , and doesnt carry testors 1 shot laquer... but will bring it in for 13.00 a can.

and he wonders why no one supports him.

sure he has 15 year old monogram kits, and all kinds of stuff.

but who wants to pay 25.00 for a 59 impala kit... or 89.00 for a basic 1:18 die cast? when you can get the same stuff online, shipped to your door for less?

I think that kit originally came out in the late '80's as I have their '66 Pontiac Bonneville------which looks for all the world like the old MPC annual.

IIRC their lineup included these:

1966 Chevy Impala

1966 Ford Thunderbird

1966 Cadillac

1966 Pontiac Bonneville

All of the kits were curbside (no engine) and they all had generic wheelcovers and no dash detail 'cept for the basic shell. Chassis' had all molded in detail like the old '60's promos.

They're excellent for first timers getting started and as shown by that beautiful Cadillac build, can be made into a nice showpiece.

I'm not sure about the scale..............the box says 1/24, but I've measured my Hasegawa Pontiac body against an original 1/25 MPC '66 Bonneville I have, and they measure out exactly the same. ;)

BTW, I didn't know they were back in production. :huh: