Model Cars Magazine Forum

For the auto racing fans (VIDEO)

Venom

I’m 49 years old ... How is it that I have never seen this movie???

I am just seeing this segment for the first time today and cannot believe the cinematography for its time ... it captures the whole raw racing experience so well.

Is this the greatest racing movie ever? ... AMAZING!

Edited by Venom

Well, for me the greatest racing movie ever is Grand Prix but it could be because I was 10 or 11 and saw it in the theatre with Panarama or whatever it was called.

Didn't like Le Mans when it first came out. Just a little weird with the limited dialogue but...... I think it's great now mostly because of all the historic aspect of it. Enjoy.

Those were both great movies. Grand Prix was a very well done story and the photography was outstanding.  I think James Garner also did some of his own driving, or at least he was capable of it. La Mans was burdened with a dialog style of that time were everyone just sort of stared at each other and made faces. The back ground story on the making of the movie was very interesting and the in car photography as well as the slow motion crashes are wroth looking at. 

Well, since I haven’t seen the whole movie, this might not carry much merit, but the fact that there is so little dialog, and then there’s the awesomeness of the above scenes seemingly lends an intentional profoundness to the statement; “Racing is life... everything before or after is just waiting.” as stated by Steve McQueen in the above portion in the movie.

BTW... Ordered the DVD off eBay today👍

Edited by Venom