Model Cars Magazine Forum

CA clogging up

How do you Guys keep your superglue bottles from clogging up? I do try to burp it a bit after use so that it will suck a bit of air back down the nozzle which usually results in glue running down the outside of the nozzle. Lately I have been removing the entire cap and dipping my applicator in, instead of putting a bit in a bottle cap to use. That resulted in me knocking over the bottle once when I picked up the applicator that had glued itself down to the paper towel I had laid it on. 🤬 The tip of this bottle actually twisted off and is glued inside the cap.

386BCB4B-2469-424A-8A2A-E07CC472DEFB.jpeg

031AC490-ACF1-4BFF-9C35-5C4EFACAFFB9.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

i have been looking for a solution as well and i believe a thin needle metal dispenser would be very helpful and when clogged you heat the tip with a lighter but i cannot find a brand which has this pack ..

I find wiping the nozzle before putting the cap back on, and then keeping the superglue in the fridge usually keeps the bottle usable- the worst I have had happen this way is having to run a tooth pick down the bore of the nozzle for very slight clogs.

With the last few bottles of Zap A Gap I've purchased, I've been able to get pretty much every last drop out of the bottle.

I have had good luck with Gorilla brand super glue (not the classic Gorilla Glue) which comes with the blue cap. It has a long steel pin which keeps the hole open. It is a moderately slow setting Ca which give you time to locate parts.