Model Cars Magazine Forum

Racers Wedge with a twist

I bought the 72 Chevy racers wedge with the plan of it being a stock 72 like my dad had in my youth so I had to used the car hauler for something. I had a 55 Cameo and a 55 step side that I started a looong time ago and lost interest in both so there is my donors. Used both frames so I could stretch the length of the frame and here is my progress so far...

809D5435-3FD1-4550-A2F8-45FCA028813A.jpeg

9CC52E4A-9A90-492F-BEF6-73C3ADE1ED55.jpeg

03B120FA-5F54-451F-B952-E6E58F2B91DA.jpeg

36 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

This could be the start of something interesting. Any progress?

I did get a little done since then, time is limited right now but it’s making progress, I got the pieces in to make the wheel wells small since I’m going single axle but have to finish the body work and I test fit it in the case and it’s close but it fits

3BBCAC3A-0BC8-40B4-BD13-B8103CCB71C6.jpeg

80A194E4-D50A-479B-A487-929A29E1312D.jpeg

5F539394-4384-400D-9236-AA844D425002.jpeg

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Are you going to make it with single tandem  drive?

I wanted to put a four tire single axle under it but decided to go with the single tire and axle and I’m going to make a 2 piece drive shaft for it. It’s probably a little light weight for what you would want in real life but I think it will work for viewing.

3 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

I did get a little done since then, time is limited right now but it’s making progress, I got the pieces in to make the wheel wells small since I’m going single axle but have to finish the body work and I test fit it in the case and it’s close but it fits

3BBCAC3A-0BC8-40B4-BD13-B8103CCB71C6.jpeg

80A194E4-D50A-479B-A487-929A29E1312D.jpeg

5F539394-4384-400D-9236-AA844D425002.jpeg

Thanks for the update. I have a ramp rod cooking in the back of my mind based on a model  A Ford hauling a belly tank racer. So many ideas and so little time.

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks for the update. I have a ramp rod cooking in the back of my mind based on a model  A Ford hauling a belly tank racer. So many ideas and so little time.

No problem, I'll be looking for pics of that when you get to it. If your anything like me that could be next week or ten years lol...

3 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

No problem, I'll be looking for pics of that when you get to it. If your anything like me that could be next week or ten years lol...

It had better be the former of those two cause in 10 years I'll be 88 years old:-)

7 hours ago, slusher said:

one singe tire would not carry the weight. You need at least the tire side by side in and axle like a daulie pickup. What ever you decide is fine in a model world…

The daulie is what I wanted to use but didn’t have one so I went with the single, like you said in the model world all is fine…