Model Cars Magazine Forum

Accurate Rader(Radir) wheels for the 1/25 Polar Lights 1966 Batmobile?

The original issue, and maybe the reissues of the 64 Thunderbolt has a nice set of Radirs.  I’m nit sure what you would need to do for the bat center caps, but they are flat so they should be easy to come up with.

***Edit***

I just checked out one of my Tbolt kits and if you are looking for deep dish, you may need two sets of the rears.

Edited by OutaFocus
Add info

1 hour ago, OutaFocus said:

The original issue, and maybe the reissues of the 64 Thunderbolt has a nice set of Radirs.  I’m nit sure what you would need to do for the bat center caps, but they are flat so they should be easy to come up with.

***Edit***

I just checked out one of my Tbolt kits and if you are looking for deep dish, you may need two sets of the rears.

Can you post a picture of the Thunderbolt's Radir wheels?

Which company makes the 64 Thunderbolt?

30 minutes ago, stinkybritches said:

Check out this thread:

The kit is by Revell. 

Thanks for the link.  I just looked at it and the rears don't look any deeper than the ones that come in the Batmobile kit.

On 6/22/2021 at 7:04 PM, crowe-t said:

Thanks for the link.  I just looked at it and the rears don't look any deeper than the ones that come in the Batmobile kit.

They scale out closer to 16" diameter, too, so probably not a good match for the Batmobile.

The AMT Fireball 500 kit, which was reissued not all that long ago has a smaller diameter set which I think might be a better match. You can get a decent look at them in hpiguy's video here:

On 6/25/2021 at 10:43 PM, Casey said:

They scale out closer to 16" diameter, too, so probably not a good match for the Batmobile.

The AMT Fireball 500 kit, which was reissued not all that long ago has a smaller diameter set which I think might be a better match. You can get a decent look at them in hpiguy's video here:

How about the ones in the Revell Mysterion kit?

Edited by crowe-t

34 minutes ago, Casey said:

They do appear to be deep dish-ish, so maybe? I don't have any to look over, so maybe someone else can help more.

Too big - same diameter as the T-Bolt ones to fit the old Revell tyres.  The ones from the Fireball 500 aren't perfect, but probably as good as it gets for readily available kit parts.