Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Model AA flat bed truck

While building and looking for 1/35 military models I found this model by ZVEZDA of a GAZ AAA, a Ford Model A truck built in Russia under license from Ford. Looking at the kit it was so close to a Ford Model A that I bought it with plans to make it into a Ford A. More details later......but here she is...not cleaned up or small details finished....but I wanted to see what needs finish. Thanks

DSC05338.JPG

I have one on my bench now. Rendering a replica of my 1:1 1930 AA. 

The biggest criticisms (and they are not THAT big) are that the hood and cowl sculpturing is heavy-handed, the radiator shell is too squared off, and the headlamp buckets are too deep. Regardless, it builds into a nice truck and most people wouldn't notice the radiator and headlamp issues. The parts are very positive-fit; although I'm just now at the point of assembling the multi-piece body. We'll see how I feel about the 'nice fit' pronouncement when I get finished with it.

I just need to find a tiny blue oval decal.

Sure wish this was available in 1:25!!

41 minutes ago, glue fumes said:

You really should check out the Miniart, GAZ trucks. Much finer detail. That truck you have done looks great. There are some other interesting items in 1/35 scale, that we will never see in 1/25.

You beat me to it!  I was going to post about the Miniart kits.  

Hobby Boss also makes kits of the same trucks, the GAZ-AA (single rear axle) and -AAA (double rear axle).  I can't find any on-line reviews of that one, but it has photo-etched parts.

If you see a GAZ-AA/AAA truck in an "Eastern Express" box, that's the Zvezda kit.