Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spring Question for a 1/9th scale Triumph 3HW

I need to make new springs but don't have anything to take measurements from.

I just bought a used built cycle but it is missing all the springs so I thought I could just take measurements from my so-called new kit. It turns out the new in an open box kit isn't so complete. It was missing the plastic bag that contained all the springs and the rubber lines.

So now I need help from other sources. Does anybody have this kit they could measure for me. It was put out by Italeri, Esci, Ertl, Aurora and probably others but they are all basicly the same kit.

IMG_0505.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Here are the springs I made by winding wire around a screw then winding each end tighter to create a slight taper. They don't really look like the box picture but I think they are pretty close to the google picture. I may keep working to get closer to the box picture but this first try should work for now.

20220330_181347.jpg

Ok,  thanks. Looks like solid copper wire to me.  Electrical wire is almost exclusively copper (and rarely aluminum, which would look silver).

Going by the colors, that stuff looks like wire used inside fluorescent lamp fixtures.

Edited by peteski