Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cadillac Seville

Mike

I know it's not a plastic model, but I'm awaiting the supplies and kit for my next project. This was a nice little time killer in between builds. The hardest part was getting the window piece cleared up and losing the scratches/buffing. Alclad II for the base/grille etc. The rest is Tamiya titanium gold and BMF trim. I really love the look of this car for some reason and wish it were available in 1/24 scale. Thanks for looking.

Before -

DSC03667.jpg

After -

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03688.jpg

DSC03689.jpg

A number of years ago TKM models made what you are looking for. It was crude but judging by what you did to the Hot Wheels you might be able to handle it if you could find one or if TKM still makes it.

Andy Martin

is that the same company that made doorstops that kinda resembled cars?

Hey! I LIKE that!!-------Nice resto!! :angry:

I too wish this one was out as a regular plastic kit! I remember when these were new back in 1980, and while Bill Mitchell created a Love/Hate design for this era Seville, I absolutely love 'em!

You don't see many anymore, and the ones with the diesels died years ago. I wouldn't mind having a 1:1 in my driveway, as you certainly wouldn't see yourself coming and going when on the road.

As far as the TKM version is concerned-------unless you're really into masochism, I'd stay away from that one big time! B)

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a fun little project. Bill, there's a guy at work that works in Service that's got an old Seville like this generation he drives every day. If a person had a lot of cash, it would be a great thing to drive. :)

That was an 80/85 Seville if I remember correctly. Joe Moceri Had one that he bought with a blown 4/6/8 DoD engine in it. He pulled it out a dropped a built 400 small block in it. That car ran like heck! He could smoke the front tires the WHOLE length of our parking lot! He ALSO had a supecharged 350 Chevy 4Whl Drv. S-10. But THAT'S a WHOLE nuther story!He ended up sellin it to one of the BIG shirts at work, for what he always said was QUITE a profit!

Looks good, I'd bet I have one somewhere around here that looks alot like what you started with.

TKM,,, yea. <_< I knew that would come up.

I has one of those years ago ,, first resin I ever had. it was one of his '72 Rivieras. Got it cause I had a 1/1.

Worst peice of carp I ever seen. Every line on the car was off, too narrow in some places, wide in others. The roof was so thin in the front you could see through it while other areas of the body were a solid chunk of resin ,, even had a short curley hair sticking out of the back bumper !! :blink:

Yea ,, IMHO, a TKM is as much a model as those carved wooden carp that resemble cars you see at craft shows.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about the real car there :lol:

I too wish this one was out as a regular plastic kit! I remember when these were new back in 1980, and while Bill Mitchell created a Love/Hate design for this era Seville, I absolutely love 'em!

You don't see many anymore, and the ones with the diesels died years ago. I wouldn't mind having a 1:1 in my driveway, as you certainly wouldn't see yourself coming and going when on the road.

I hear ya Mr. O! :lol: I fell in love with them when I was little(Was 4yrs old when the '80's came out), as they reminded me of a Modern American version of the Classic Bustle Back Rolls Royces...... I was Lucky enough to have an '80 as a first car, back when I was 18yrs.... It was Silver Metallic over Black 2-tone, with a Gray Interior, and it was a Diesel to Gas Conversion started by the previous owner(I got it with a gas '78 Olds 350R, that my Father and I eventually rebuilt).... Man I miss that car like Crazy (Trans Blew, and could never get the replacement to drive right, but I keep the engine)<_<

That was an 80/85 Seville if I remember correctly. Joe Moceri Had one that he bought with a blown 4/6/8 DoD engine in it. He pulled it out a dropped a built 400 small block in it. That car ran like heck! He could smoke the front tires the WHOLE length of our parking lot! He ALSO had a supecharged 350 Chevy 4Whl Drv. S-10. But THAT'S a WHOLE nuther story!He ended up sellin it to one of the BIG shirts at work, for what he always said was QUITE a profit!

Any Pics of said car??? :blink: I used to Love to Smoke the Tires on My '80, and have been able to do some impressive ones with my Father's '66 Toro(Now my Longterm Project)....

The Hot Wheels looks to be closer to an '81-85 Model, as the '80s had more of a Verticle bar arrangement, with the horizontal support bars behind them, disappearing into the radiator support visually(Always prefered the '80's for that very reason, and the later years seemed to dull the look abit)....

Rob, nope man, guess we were too busy admirein it to remember to take PICS of the durnthing! It was pearl white with a white leather interior. Man talk bout a NICE car! Air, tilt, cruise,power EVERYTHING! If Cad had put a small block chevy in them, they'd sold a GAZILLION of em!!! Joe's S-10 was a Black on Black 96 4X4 with a centrifical supercharger on it. He had Duals on the rear, and he could smoke ALL 6 tires on that one! He would build these things during the year, then sell them at the Auto-Ramas car corral every year in Jan. Or to the Big Shots at work, who wanted"Toys" to play with! They sure were nice, and he did GREAT work! :o

as they reminded me of a Modern American version of the Classic Bustle Back Rolls Royces......

Back in the early '80's, Bill Mitchell was interviewed in one of the car magazines about the styling of the then new Seville. He had said that the Rolls was his inspiration for the design.

I think he pulled it off beautifully as they were seen everywhere during the '80's-'90's. Cadillac must have done well enough with the car for the fact they kept the same shape for the Seville for six model years.

How they ended up with that super dull looking '86 model (as well as the Eldorado) is anybody's guess, but Bill Mitchell was long gone by that point. In fact, I think the 1980 Seville was one of the last cars he designed before he retired.

Now about those Cadillac engines from back then............. :ph34r: :o:D

Bill, sad to say, but I'm afeared that engine's what kilt that car! It was a BEAUTIFUL design, probably one of Cadillacs most classic lines in a newer car. Chysler AND Lincoln both tried to copy it with no success. Yep, it shore wuz one of the purtiest cars Caddylak ever dun! But that engine! They had more problems with that DoD (Displacement on Demand) Engine than minutes in a day! And they KNEW it was a DOG BEFORE THEY PUT IT IN!!! But that was back inna day when G.M. could throw away a coupla million bucks on "potential" engine projects. :o