Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Bronco,Trailer & Buggy

10 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I’m out at Rocky Reach Dam, Chelan County PUD, it is cold, but nice here. What about you?

Well I'm in the centre of England so away from the North and Scotland who due to Storm Arwen have had about 7 days of high winds, snow and no electricity! Our Government are trying to get us away from coal/wood and gas heating to all electric ground source heat pumps (about £15.000) and solar panels that have amazingly doubled in price! But of course if the wind doesn't blow the off shore wind farms can't supply any electricity as is the problem in Scotland. So our climate here is about 3 Celsius on and off. we've had two mornings at about freezing point but nothing too cold. We are lucky here as being right in the centre or what is called the East Midlands no really bad weather reaches us.

5 hours ago, PatW said:

Well I'm in the centre of England so away from the North and Scotland who due to Storm Arwen have had about 7 days of high winds, snow and no electricity! Our Government are trying to get us away from coal/wood and gas heating to all electric ground source heat pumps (about £15.000) and solar panels that have amazingly doubled in price! But of course if the wind doesn't blow the off shore wind farms can't supply any electricity as is the problem in Scotland. So our climate here is about 3 Celsius on and off. we've had two mornings at about freezing point but nothing too cold. We are lucky here as being right in the centre or what is called the East Midlands no really bad weather reaches us.

So how far from Manchester? I spent some time there. 

Hi Scott, We are about 160miles south of Manchester. IN Buckinghamshire. So about 20 miles east of Oxford and near the new town of Milton Keynes, renowned for a grid road system and the largest number road roundabouts in any town/city.  

Edited by PatW

• 9 months later...