Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To While You Build?

Miatatom

1 hour ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Like others have said, depends on a number of factors, but I'm all over the board. Classic rock, rockabilly, motown,  big band, jazz, blues western swing, The list goes on. I'd say Dylan, Petty & Steve Earle seem to be in the player most often.

My good friends were in a band on the same label as Steve Earle and they opened for him and the Dukes for over a year in Europe and North America around 2002 (I think it was). They still keep in touch with him today. That guy has some stories.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another of those all over the map people. Those who know me well and still admit it will tell you I have a wide range of musical interests. Lately, been listening to a lot of 20th century classical and neoclassical composers like Olafur Arnalds, Nils Frahm, and Hania Rani. Jazz Fusion is a perennial; Weather Report,  Return to Forever, and any of their component musicians makes for good build music in my hobby room. My wife is relieved that I've temporarily?) departed from my Charles Ives phase.  

It's rare that I listen to music while building. 95% of the time I'll have something from RedLetterMedia playing in the background, usually Best of The Worst. 

When it is music, it's normally the same sludge and death metal I would be listening to any other time, or the occasional grunge, prog rock, or even Enya album depending on mood.