Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post-war 1967 Shelby Mustang

Railroad

Β With the state of tensions in the world and our country, I decided to do a "theme" build. My theme is we just ended a world war and a civil war in our country and we have suffered an economic and social collapse.Β  I started with an AMT 1967 Shelby and did some rusting and denting to the body. I gutted the interior leaving only the driver's seat, shifter, steering wheel, dash, and cb radio. I added a tool box, 3 boxes of Campbell's soup, a case of Budwieser, 2 six packs of Coke, 3 cartons and 1 pack of Marlboros (unfortunately I am a smoker), and enough fire power to protect my supplies. I left off the trunk lid and placed 2 gas cans, jug of water, and a spare tire in the trunk. Added a CB antenna because I figure CB would be the easiest way to communicate. I left the tail lights out so I can't be tracked at night and added a police spot light on the driver's door. I swapped out the 289 for the 351 Windsor in the Revell Starsky and Hutch Torino. All in all, I think this build was the most fun I've had in a while. It definitely got my imagination going.πŸ‘πŸ‘

FB_IMG_1646116391257.jpg

FB_IMG_1646116513901.jpg

FB_IMG_1646116540135.jpg

FB_IMG_1646116555109.jpg

FB_IMG_1646116574530.jpg

FB_IMG_1646116566804.jpg

Edited by Railroad
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Very authentic and nicely done. Β I’ve got a 1/16 1968 Shelby glue bomb which would be perfect for a similar build but with some many models to choose from to build I’ll enjoy looking at yours for now.

Thanks for the reply. With how much fun I had building my Shelby, I'm already planning on building another one with AMT's "Vantom" Ford van. The van will be my son's vehicle in the scenario, and will be packed with even more supplies and will be the main hauler in the tandem.