Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need convertible top boot for Revell CaMARO z28 OR Firebird snap kit

impcon

I  am need of a new or used usable convertible top boot for either a Revell second generation Z 28 snap kit or Firebird ( lit # 6222 ) snap kit ( as pictured below ) to complete a restoration of an old built up to replicate my son's 1:1 81 Z28 convertible.  The one that I bought for him a few years back did not lead a charmed life and the windshield frame is in two pieces, but  I think it can be saved. Also a set of the stock wheels and tires would be nice or information where I can find the same style to complete  a stock build. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Image 1 - 1979 Chevy Camaro Z/28 Convertible Revell 1/25 Complete & Unstarted.

Boxart Formula Firebird Convertible 6222 Revell

Thank you Casey.. I don't think that I have one of those but I'll have a look in my stash. Those wheels are a must for this kit to replicate my son's 1:1 convertible. This kit, like the real car, is not very common and a bit on the  pricey side. I wish that I had a better body with which to start but this is what I have and I just do not have the funds to dish out the better part of $150.00 CDN for an unbuilt one. That broken windshield frame will be the biggest challenge,, but we'll get 'er/ Thank you for your reply.

3 minutes ago, impcon said:

Those wheels are a must for this kit to replicate my son's 1:1

Let me do a look about after work tonight...I may be of some help...there again as Casey said they're 1/24

16 minutes ago, Khils said:

Let me do a look about after work tonight...I may be of some help...there again as Casey said they're 1/24

Hmmmm.. I wonder how noticeable the difference in scale might be? Mind you, the model probably will fall a bit short of "Model Build Up Of The Year".. *GRINS*

The semi-recently reissued 1/25 AMT Cheverra snap together custom Camaro has the wheels, too, though I can't say how accurate they are.*edit* they appear to be decent, but have a hole in the center and no center cap:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Casey

4 hours ago, impcon said:

Hmmmm.. I wonder how noticeable the difference in scale might be? Mind you, the model probably will fall a bit short of "Model Build Up Of The Year".. *GRINS*

I got the cadaver kit dug out....seems I have come up short!  There are only three there ...Sorry!....  IMHO..... size difference will be noticeable!

0303221938.jpg

• 2 weeks later...