Model Cars Magazine Forum

Source for 1:24 or 1:25 tow hooks?

The current Peterbilt tow truck has several that go on the back on the lift plate. 

Also you might try Olsen Brothers, they do a lot of 4x4 stuff, so does Scenes Unlimited and a few other vendors. 

If you just can't find any, let me know and I will just print you some. 

20220605_180146.jpg

Edited by Oldmopars

• 1 year later...

Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.shapeways.com/product/XWKQJYPJY/1-24-spm-24-004-pintle-hook?optionId=301073162&li=marketplace

Shapeways has several different styles just search for “Pintle Hooks”.

ST Supply for chains/binders.

https://stsupplyco.com/search?q=chain&type=product%2Ccollection%2Carticle%2Cpage&options[unavailable_products]=show&options[prefix]=last

Rog😁

Edited by wayne00

The old Monogram AC Mack has great towhooks.  But they can be made of brass rod and strip stock.  Here's a look at some that I did for my Diamond T wrecker.  The rod is first heated to soften it for bending.  After it is bent you can file or grind away the end to a soft point and flatten the bottom to fit on a strip of either brass or plastic.  Give each one a slight twist so that the points of the hook are outward.  Add some bolt heads to the top surface and there you are.105.JPG.503ee094a3bb6d168c6a9c24847a76ef.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Ah!  Wrong kind of tow hooks!!  My bad!😆  I like the PE ones.  Just might have to get some.

I will report back when they arrive. The 3D ones were too much like work to get them to be acceptable to me.