Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do you build more than cars?

I've recently bumped into a couple of fellow MCM members on other non-car modelling sites, so I'm just wondering how many here build more than car models. If you do build other stuff what kind of models?

Besides cars I have a thing for helicopters but I basically build a little bit of everything sci-fi, real space, aircraft, armor, ships, I even paint the occasional figure.

I'm one of those fellow MCM members :o

There are no cars in my workbench right now and it seems there will be none in the near future.

I'm currently building helicopters, airliners and will soon start on a cargo plane project.

Here is a link to my current primary project. This is my entry into the ARC Forum Airliners Group Build:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=174379

Thanks,

I build planes as well as automotive subjects. Mianly WWII pieces with a few jet subjects mixed in. Nothing competition worthy but I like what I do simply to place on the shelf. I love the historical value of them. Here's a few pics..

MVC089F-vi.jpg

F4F Corsair photo recon night fighter / Korean war

MVC098F-vi.jpg

P-40F, 325th fighter squadron, Pacific theater, WWII

MVC093F-vi.jpg

P-40, Aleutian Tigers, Kiska Alaska, WWII, my father-in-law was part of the ground crew that serviced these planes in 1942.

I mostly build 25th 24th scale cars,trucks, planes, Helo's, tanks, boats, I even got James Bonds one man auto gyro. I build Planes, mostly WWII and Viet Nam, in 148th scale. Any more stuff and I'll hafta get a bigger house, an THAT AIN't happnen!

Edited by george 53

As many of you are aware of , I build a lot of service station related items , ie gasoline pumps . I also build real cars when my arthritis will allow me to do so. I also build furniture from time to time as I once owned a Van accessory manufacturing business. Ed Shaver

In addition to cars, I build dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. I used to build everything from figures to sci-fi, to aircraft, wooden ships, warships, to gaming miniatures. I even built the houses and terrain features for table top gaming. But my main love has always been cars.

I get into planes and jets. Stuff I like.

I also build modern armor vehicles in 1/72 scale.

My son is really big into WWII stuff and we'll sometimes build stuff together, his German mine US. It's fun to build and watch with him as he is learning the process.

Chris

I am in the 'little bit of everything' line. Right now on the bench; 2 deathrace builds; Tamiya 1/72 P-47 in George Rarey's livery, mini build of the eventual 1/48th Tamiya build I am planning; Dragon Panther Aust D; Tamiya 1/35 Hummer; Tamiya M1A1 with no corrections; Aoshima S15 drift silvia and a ton more. Subjects for aircraft builds are mainly WW2 piston engine, although the ME 262 is a favorite. I do dabble in some of the century series aircraft and the occasional F4. Armor is mostly Panthers. I do plan on building one of the new Dragon M1A2 AIM kits soon. I tend to never finish very much as I move from project to project. One day, my wife will look around and go "Where did all these finished models come from???" :lol:

I recently got into a wooden ship thing. I bought one just for a change of pace from plastic cars. I loved it! There's something very different in building a wooden model than a plastic one... you're still putting pieces together, but there's a whole different experience working with wood.

I built a fishing boat, then an 1800's paddlewheel riverboat, then a model of the Santa Maria.

Then I built a model of the 1903 Wright Flyer.

It's been a while since I built a car!

I do some R/C trucks/cars, but other than that the only thing I have built that's not model cars is a small amount of model railroad related modeling and I've done very little of that. I've started a couple military projects but decided they took too much time from my main focus....cars.

David

I build anything from cars to big rigs to armor and aircraft. I especially like to model armor from the Israeli Defense Force as well as aircraft from the IADF. I also build alot of Desert Storm pieces, both armor and aircraft.

I find myself always going back to cars more than anything else though, especially old Mopars.

Most of my builds are 1/24-1/25 cars. I do both larger (up to 1/12) and smaller (1/87) scale on occasion. I finished an Otaki 1/20 Datsun 240Z this week - a kit I bought back in the '70s.

I do big rigs perhaps once every two years or so. I'm keen on them, but cars grab me more. I went through a phase of building Japanese motorbikes, back in the bad old days when there weren't many interesting US car kits around, but I haven't done a bike for over 25 years. Not that I wouldn't like to, but I can't build everything!

I have built two sailing ships, a stagecoach, a cable car, and I have a couple of Star Wars kits I haven't built yet.

My other interest is HO scale buildings for my son's layout. He does them himself now, but before he got tidy I did about a dozen for him, including a thousand piece two storey mansion.....

Hi Folks.

Apart from cars I also build trucks & some Regia Aeronautica subjects.

I also paint, mainly watercolours but other mediums as well.

I love working with wood, Turning & Carving but my other hobby & passion is Marquetry. Here are some WIP pictures & the finished item.

2009_0115Marquetry0006.jpg

2009_0115Marquetry0007.jpg

2009_0115Marquetry0008.jpg

A couple of WIP truck builds for you.

2009_0101T-cab0003.jpg

2008_1021KUTA-GB0001.jpg

Regards Dave.

Hey nice to see I'm not the only one who builds lots of stuff. Model railroads really appeal to me for the super diorama aspect but I don't have the space currently.

I also like to work with wood, I built a couple of biplanes for my son when he was about 3. I had plans for a whole series of them but only finished the DR.1 Triplane and an SE5. I wish I had the time to do more as they were quite fun to design and build and despite being toys I think I did a pretty good job from a scale model perspective as well.

DR13.jpg

SE53.jpg