Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which Dual Ghoul kit from AMT was first?

Hi all, a friend from my model club picked up an AMT Graveyard Ghoul duo issue of the Munster Coach and the Dragula and he was asking about the boxes, one has the T number followed by the price and the other one just has the T number with no price.

I thought that the one with the price would have been earlier but was not totally sure, anybody have an idea? Also what was the first time these were issued? Were they issued separate or together at first and if separate what was the first time they were issued together?

Any help would be great and as always Thanks in advance!!!!

The highest retail price I ever saw on a "regular" AMT kit box was $2.50 (-250 suffix).  This would have been in the mid-Seventies.  Retail jumped to $2.70 and then $3.00 in pretty short order after that.

I never paid attention to that particular kit, didn't realize the boxes differed like that.  

For many years, you could walk into any K-Mart store in the country, stroll over to the model kit aisle, and count on seeing that kit on the shelf.  That, the AMT '57 Chevy, Old Pro Nova, Red Alert Chevelle, MPC '67 Corvette, Monogram '29 Ford roadster pickup and at least one version of their '55 Chevy...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mark said:

I thought Round 2 did do a short run of the kits in this box, as an Auto World store exclusive.

I have one from just a few years back. Even though I had already purchased and build the Munster’s tin box set about 10 years ago. When Round 2 reissued the Dual Ghoul set I had to pickup one of those too. Since that was how I got my original Munster kits back in about 1970. 

Edited by unclescott58