Model Cars Magazine Forum

How can I get ahold of these?

34 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Thanks Mike. How do I find him on here?

Well, he is on here as Greg Wann, so it shouldn't be real hard........

So go to the search function on the top right, type in his name and under more options, search by member and he comes up.

Edited by mikemodeler

Mike,

I commissioned Greg to do these for me as a limited run. I recently wanted to run this again, but was told the mold for the under hood Formula bracing was done. Unfortunately, I returned that to the guy who made it. I only have one copy left, for myself. I am considering doing all new plastic masters. I don’t know what Greg has.  BTW, I’m in Royersford!

1 hour ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Mike,

I commissioned Greg to do these for me as a limited run. I recently wanted to run this again, but was told the mold for the under hood Formula bracing was done. Unfortunately, I returned that to the guy who made it. I only have one copy left, for myself. I am considering doing all new plastic masters. I don’t know what Greg has.  BTW, I’m in Royersford!

Oh, You're that George. The one who wrote that book? If so, I met you with a few other members of the Diecast Pub many years ago. I gave you a set of my resin Torq Thrust Ds and you gave me a signed copy of your book. I should have figured I would bump into you on this board. Maybe we can go have a beer again along with some other PA guys and talk shop. 

Thanks for the help, guys, but I got impatient and did this while I was waiting.

20220829_162007.jpg.c6d2cbfe6e83d8202086d5ff7a44c175.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 3:30 PM, George Bojaciuk said:

Mike,

Hey George. I still have the original plastic under hood bracing piece. If that’s all that’s stopping Greg from doing another run I could send it to you to pass on to him. 

2 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Jeff,

If you are willing to send, I’ll take it and see where we go with this! I would definitely have a few made like last time. Thank you in advance! Message me with your needs for this gesture!

No worries George. You were great too deal with the last time around with this project. I have to dig the piece out and I’ll get it sent your way in a couple days. 

Got a little update. I found the original. It was attached to the hood on the model on the shelf. Looking at it, thought why not and grabbed an exacto knife. A couple of strategically placed pry’s and it popped right off. I just need to clean up a couple of spots then it’s in the mail.  I should have it sent by the weekend. 

79E2FB70-847D-49B2-9F31-296DB8EC7DEC.jpeg

• Like 1

Been in contact with Greg. The body, nose and Formula hood molds are in good shape. I asked for a quote to do 10. For the small parts, he’s had some issues. I still have masters for them in raw form and Jeff is being kind enough to send me the bracing for the Formula. I’m going to see if this can be done as a resin 3D print. I went thru a bunch of those air cleaner packages when I last offered them. I still have a few flat hoods! I’m really impressed with the level of detail and fidelity a printed part has. I will keep you posted on my progress!

• Like 1

I just finished doing the clean up on the under hood. It will be in the mail tomorrow morning. The 3d printing of some of the parts sounds really interesting George. Will you offer those parts separately. I might have to get some to check them out.