Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Devil's Cadillac

Dr. Cranky

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks, chaps . . . yeah, I think I am going to put the skelenton in the driver seat with a big cigar in his mouth and a bottle of booze in his lap, some bad #$% music on the passerger seat, some mags, etc . . .

And then the chair will be empty, but burnt a little with some ashes--just the right look waiting for the next hitchhiker!!! :P

Geezoman, Virg, you do such 'clean' work--- no wonder you're Dr. D. Cranky! :lol:

Man, I caint get my dishes as clean as this here chassis! :P

IMG_6-vi.jpg

Did you add a kinda lightning bolty 'cross member' to the frame (between the mufflers),

or do it come like that? :lol:(or am I just seeing things again? :lol: )

Well, the more I think about, the more I think for something like this to work it has to look pretty grungy and dirty and well, pretty burned up . . . without losing too much detail . . . I'm aiming for contrast too. This kind of thing is difficult to do, but I think I'm getting there . . . I'm also not convinced that this sucker is going to be sitting in the chair or in the driver seat yet. And look at him? He's already lit up a cigar. And hey, what is that bullet hole doing between his eyes? I thought this one had been fried up crispy on old SPARKY there? :D:D:D

IMG_0003-vi.jpg

Also, as you can see on the dashboard, we've set up some trinkets with some impending wires that will connect the front with the back . . . I think once I start adding a bit more color to this, it will start to look right . . .

IMG_5-vi.jpg

I also will add some straps, and other details back there . . . perhaps a tray with a last meal, something to drink, some girley magazines, etc . . . :D:D:D

Ah, the imagination is a terrible thing to waste!!!

IMG_0006-vi.jpg

Gee, I have quite a bit of dry brushing ahead of me . . .

IMG_0007-vi.jpg

Also, regardless of where this sucker is going to sit, I think I need to shread up some charred bits of clothing for him . . . at 125 miles per hour that windchill factor can really do a number on your bones!!! :D:D:D

IMG_0005-vi.jpg

Gee, I have quite a bit of dry brushing ahead of me . . .

Yea, verily, Virg.........quite a bit o' dry brushing, and I think that'll brighten up ol' Sparky, unless you figure out a way to make 'im GLOW! :o

My imagination just told me :D:D , maybe Sparky's ex could be drivin' :P

You know me, Mr. Impatient. I had to try a little mock up fun . . . although I've already cut out those ugly visors from the windshield so that there's a smoother line . . .

Here are some mock up shots . . .

IMG_0006-vi.jpg

IMG_0007-vi.jpg

I like the way the skeleton is sitting back there, riding in style! :):rolleyes:;)

IMG_0008-vi.jpg

Perhaps this is not an electric chair, but a beauty salon chair and that's the hairdryer on his head!!! :D:D:D

Oh, I like the shades idea . . . I have my Tamiya Figure shade making kit . . . I can make a quick pair out of wire . . . I gotta give it a try . . .

In the meantime, here are the last two shots so far . . .

Here are a couple of more shots, close and personal!!!

IMG_0009-vi.jpg

Oh great, I had painted the cigar what I thought was brown, but now it looks red!!!

IMG_0010-vi.jpg

While Mr. Cranky waits to get his clothes dry . . . from a good soaking of glue and dark wash . . . here's more progress . . .

finally got the backrest finished, and a few other details . . . as you can see . . .

IMG_0002-vi.jpg

IMG_0003-vi.jpg

The graphics came out pretty good in this close up . . .

IMG_6-vi.jpg