Model Cars Magazine Forum

Generic Municipal/Town/County 1/25 Decals? Also, Truck Red and White Conspicuity Decals

Great site, folks, thanks for helping out this long-time modeler but only 'sometimes' car/trucker guy.

Working on AMT's new 1/25 Ford/Garwood Garbage Truck and rather than getting locked into a prototype or kit marked truck, I'd like to have the freedom of a what-if municipal or commercial carter. Anybody make sheets like that? And then related, what about reflective conspicuity red and white striping? Thanks for any assistance.

Kevin

Gofer Racing makes some generic decal sheets for trucking-related companies. Some may include municipality-type markings, at least coming them with the kit decals might give you what you need.

For the conspicuity markings, I can be more specific: Line O Tape makes a 1/24 1/25 scale roll of exactly what you need. Self adhesive and a bonus, just like the real thing - reflective, too. 

13 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Gofer Racing makes some generic decal sheets for trucking-related companies. Some may include municipality-type markings, at least coming them with the kit decals might give you what you need.

For the conspicuity markings, I can be more specific: Line O Tape makes a 1/24 1/25 scale roll of exactly what you need. Self adhesive and a bonus, just like the real thing - reflective, too. 

I thought that Line-O-Tape was out of business?

3 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I thought that Line-O-Tape was out of business?

That may very well be true. I tried last night to look up the tape, but couldn’t find much. There was some on eBay, but none of the conspicuity tape. So, now I’m not sure where it can be found.

Thanks, gents. Gopher does have a few such things, but nothing really in the ballpark. I did buy their US military sheet just in case I want to make a base refuse truck! Surprised there aren't more conspicuity markings, I would have thought that a common decal. But the search goes on as does the build - thanks again.

Kevin

Great info, Joe, thanks; this may be the answer!

By the way, this knucklehead finally got around to looking at the decal sheet in the AMT Ford Garwood Garbage truck and sees it actually has  conspicuity stripes on it! Duh. This has been a fun build so far although I do now understand the complaints about the instructions. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, vincen47 said:

If you find that tape somewhere. I would like to know as well. I have used it on two builds and would like more.

With front bulkhead.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG