Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Supernatural Impala Flat Hood & parts wanted

impcon

I have an incomplete original old glue bomb '67 Impala convertible that I would like to try and save. I had this same kit when it was released in 1967 and after a long search, I finally found one several years ago at a good price. I have the body, interior and chassis and I'm wondering if anyone has a Supernatural Impala parts kit that could provide a flat hood and the front and rear bumpers and tail lights. This is not a mint kit, so I want to build it as a more commonly seen, small block Impala which leads me to another  question,, were there any GM convertible kits of that vintage that came with a bench seats that I could substitute for the original bucket seats? More than willing to trade or?? I could just get the newer 4 door hardtop but I do not like carving up a complete kit for a few parts. Any advice or help will be appreciated.. thank you.

Why not just buy the Supernatural Impala? You can use everything but the interior door panels. It even has the bench seat. All you would have left would be the engine and body. Besides, I doubt if anyone is going to be willing to give up just those pieces.

Thanks for your input. I've done my homework here and the hood and bumpers are a perfect fit for an old annual.. and that goes for all AMT 67 Impala kits. The interior and  chassis are different though. I was just hoping that I could locate the parts needed rather than break up a kit that retails for around $50.00 ( Canadian funds ) after taxes and more than that with shipping. Thanks for the input though,

There was a member on here that was casting the correct stock front seat for the Supernatural car (Baby has a Tijuana seat). He hasn't been on here since 2021, but I would imagine that others have done the same thing. Of course you would have to split the backrest to make a 2-door style, but you would be most of the way there if you could find one.

Hi Rodent,

Thank you so much for your input.. If anyone is casting a flat hood or bench seat, I'd be overjoyed and eager to trade stuff or to purchase them. I'm in no blind panic to locate the parts and I'll be happy with what I can get as I can get it. Maybe buying another kit would be the fastest, but I'm really hoping to do some trading so someone else can benefit from this as life is not just about yours truly. I was actually thinking today that I should just buy a decent built up, but needless to say, they are out of my reach financially. I am not blessed with deep pockets like some of the members here and being a Canadian and having to deal with the crazy shipping and exchange only puts things further beyond my economic means. But I guess that's just the way it is.. I do appreciate the message though.. as always, Gary