Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coca Cola Cameo kit

3 hours ago, Oldriginal86 said:

My question is has anyone that owns this kit checked the windshield fit? The last one I built took so much time and bodywork to make the glass fit.

It's the same in this release if I remember right... haven't had it off the shelf since it first came out. But yes I'm pretty certain it's the same ill fitting part.

23 minutes ago, KWT said:

I think... could be wrong... I read somewhere they had kinda worked out that issue... again, could be thinking of something else.

Just confirmed16670842828105470615624984180180.thumb.jpg.01a62ce8d9d654248c67be5a0fb9eb83.jpg

It appears they added these little locators but I'm not sure what good they did... it does seem a tiny bit better than before... but still a complete mess.

25 minutes ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Just confirmed16670842828105470615624984180180.thumb.jpg.01a62ce8d9d654248c67be5a0fb9eb83.jpg

It appears they added these little locators but I'm not sure what good they did... it does seem a tiny bit better than before... but still a complete mess.

Thanks for posting that... I think I may have it mixed up with something else. Mind gets a little foggier by the day

Use a small wire with black insulation, make sure it’s long enough to wrap around the edge of the plastic windshield.  Strip the insulation from the wire, then split the insulation with a no. 11 blade. Push the insulation down onto the edge of the plastic windshield, trim to fit. The insulation looks like the gasket on the actual truck and the windshield will no longer be to small. It will fit much better and much easier to attach with a clean look.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, modelcarcrazy said:

Use a small wire with black insulation, make sure it’s long enough to wrap around the edge of the plastic windshield.  Strip the insulation from the wire, then split the insulation with a no. 11 blade. Push the insulation down onto the edge of the plastic windshield, trim to fit. The insulation looks like the gasket on the actual truck and the windshield will no longer be to small. It will fit much better and much easier to attach with a clean look.  

That's a pretty awsome idea!

10 hours ago, modelcarcrazy said:

Wish I had known that trick when I built one of these a couple of years ago. Seems to be a problem with this kit and hard to understand why Round 2 hasn't done anything about it.  

42 minutes ago, espo said:

Wish I had known that trick when I built one of these a couple of years ago. Seems to be a problem with this kit and hard to understand why Round 2 hasn't done anything about it.  

Yea, the not doing anything about it is the real head scratcher... I mean I'm not sure the problem was their when it was originally tooled but it's been a known problem for a LONG time none the less.

6 minutes ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Yea, the not doing anything about it is the real head scratcher... I mean I'm not sure the problem was their when it was originally tooled but it's been a known problem for a LONG time none the less.

The one I was doing I wound up creating a channel inside the window opening for the glass to sit in.