Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratchbuilt 1969 Charger themed funny car transport trailer ....

Yesterday I posted a long story with many pictures on a three-car model project that included a 1970 Charger funny car with a scratchbuilt tubular chassis and interior, a 1969 Charger converted to an El-Camino style pickup, and a mostly scratchbuilt tow trailer of my own design with several operating features the Charger funny car that also included 1969 Charger design themes. 

DSC 0999

DSC 0989

DSC 1019

If you are interested in reading more about the trailer and the accompanying vehicles, you can see the whole story here....thanks for looking.  TIM 

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 1

This trio is simply ourstanding from top to bottom Tim.

Right off the bat I gotta ask is.....

Let me go read your other post instead of asking answered questions there..

Let me just say this about the trailer. Holy S#!% is that inventive! A bit of envy is running through me as I picture this in MY collection rather than yours. The concept of it being entirely Charger is the tip of it. The decals arehome brewed no doubt. Great design behind it all.

WOW...

On 11/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, Dragline said:

This trio is simply ourstanding from top to bottom Tim.

Right off the bat I gotta ask is.....

Let me go read your other post instead of asking answered questions there..

Let me just say this about the trailer. Holy S#!% is that inventive! A bit of envy is running through me as I picture this in MY collection rather than yours. The concept of it being entirely Charger is the tip of it. The decals arehome brewed no doubt. Great design behind it all.

WOW...

Thanks so much for the comments, Bob.  Back in the MPC Contest days, much of the factor in winning was showing creativity, not just accuracy and workmanship.  Kinda (actually, very cool) to hear it registered as inventive on your end! 

In answer to your question about decals, I cut them out of two decal sheets from the AMT Tommy Ivo Front Engine dragster kits which were first issued during the time I was working on these models.... 

Best...TB 

12 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Thanks so much for the comments, Bob.  Back in the MPC Contest days, much of the factor in winning was showing creativity, not just accuracy and workmanship.  Kinda (actually, very cool) to hear it registered as inventive on your end! 

In answer to your question about decals, I cut them out of two decal sheets from the AMT Tommy Ivo Front Engine dragster kits which were first issued during the time I was working on these models.... 

Best...TB 

The pleasure is mine TB. I realized it was an old build once I went and looked at your initial post. I am still gobsmacked as to why it didnt win. I gotya see what was on that table, but I gotta believe nothing was close to this. I suppose over the years you get over it but still.

Let me congratulate you yet again on a very fine achievement.