Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aurora decided to extend it's Universal Monsters series of kits with 'The Forgotten Prisoner'. Being made up by Aurora this subject was never actually in a Universal movie , but it follows the same subject material. This build is based on a Mobius re-release and has a few modifications : the chains are Hobby Lobby items, the bars are real steel, the skulls have some added sculpturing, and the Hobby Lobby base was added. Paint is craft acrylic.

20230105_112724.jpg

20230105_112633.jpg

20230105_112523.jpg

20230105_112502.jpg

20230105_112443 (1).jpg

20230105_112351.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyK said:

Always thought this looked like a fun subject but never bought it as I knew I wouldn't be able to make it look as good as it should. You nailed it! A great looking model!

Thanks, It was fun. Use the cheap Hobby Lobby water base acrylic craft paints and you can fix little screw ups  easily. A lttle trimming, filing, and some sand paper...... Try it !

Oh another blast from the past! I built this as a kid. Well if you count glueing stuff together in 1/2 an hour "building". It was the glow in the dark version. 

Of course it didn't look even remotely like this beauty. Love the rat whiskers. 

Edited by Tcoat
  • Thanks 1